Chapter 4

Chris' POV
   I really did have this really cool pathway that I went to often and I wanted to show Ariana it. We were filming on the Warner Brothers lot in Burbank, CA and we went to a bar that is on that lot so we decided to walk back towards our parking spot and I would drive us to the lake. We talked as we walked.
     "So, I'm really excited for this movie to come out!" Ariana said. "I mean it'll be my first A-List film so I'm actually super nervous."
     "Woah, we started filming today! Slow down.  Don't wish away the filming process. That's where you make the most memories."
     "I guess that's true."
Ariana's POV
      "And that's when you become closer with your awesome cast mates - like Chris Pratt for instance..." Chris said as he threw his arm around me and laughed. We began to get closer and closer as the night went on. We went from accidentally brushing arms and apologizing to him throwing his arms around me and trying to throw me into the lake. By the time I got a text from Juliet saying I could come home, I was laying next to Chris looking up at the stars.
     "Chris Evans starts on set tomorrow, are you excited to see him?" I asked.
     "Yeah. I mean last time we actually had a scene together was on a sit com in the 2000's so it'll be nice. Although, him and Zoe teaming up as the villains makes me worried." He said with a chuckle.
     I laughed and agreed. "Well, I guess I should get home. We have a morning shoot tomorrow, and I need to make up for today."  I stated.
     "So no more messing around on set?" Chris asked with a pouty face.
     "Not for now."
     "Okay well let me drive you home and then I'll pick you up in the morning and you can leave your car on the lot overnight. I think the lot is closed by now anyways."
     I took him up on his offer and we sang along to Thomas Rhett songs the whole way home. He even walked me up to my door. What a gentleman! How could Anna let go of this? I thought as he gave me a quick hug goodbye.
Chris' POV
     Once I dropped off Ariana I started to drive home. I got a call from Anna.
     "Hello?"
     "Hey - I was thinking, can we make our divorce public like Mondayish?" She asked quickly.
     "Um that's right before your new season of Mom premiers? What about the bad press." I asked very confused. But if we did make it public I could make a move on Ariana...
     "That's sweet of you, honey. Babe stop-" it sounded like Anna was with someone while she was on the phone with me. She started giggling uncontrollably.
     "Is that jack?" I asked.
     "Huh? No no. It's just a friend from work that's all." She replied.
     "Huh. So that's why you want to make our divorce public?"
      "What? I mean maybe. C'mon I saw you ogling that girl at dinner. I'm not dumb Chris. This way we can both move on faster."
     I kinda made sense. I don't know why I was feeling this out in my stomach at the thought of Anna with another guy. Then again, I was always the less famous one out of us two and now that I am gaining success she decides she doesn't want to be with me? I should just let her go. "Yeah. Okay. Monday then. We will both release a statement."
     "Okay awesome. Bye! JOHN IT WORKED!" She screamed as she hung up. I really hope I didn't just get manipulated. Again.
~the next day~
Ariana's POV
     I woke up to Chris calling me. "Hey Chris!" I said as I picked up the phone.
     "Hey! I'll be at your house in ten minutes. Be ready!!" He said and then hung up.
     I kinda wanted to look nice for Chris (I think I was beginning to like him a little bit more than a friend, but I don't think he is ready to move on from Anna.) but I decided to just wear leggings, Burke's and a Los Angeles sweatshirt. I threw my hair up into a bun and washed my face. That's the best part of going to set. You don't have to do hair or makeup because they do it there.
     I heard Chris truck pull up and grabbed my sunglasses and keys. "Juliet I'm leaving for work!" I yelled up even though she was probably dead asleep.
     Once I hopped in the car Chris gave me a quick side hug before driving off towards the WB lot. "So I have some news!" Chris said.
     "Ohhh do tell."
     "Anna and I decided to push forward the announcement of our divorce to Monday! Which is awesome cause now we don't have to fake it!"
     "Chris! I'm so happy for you!" I said.
     We turned up the radio after that and sang along to Luke Bryan's most people are good.
~A/N~
Hey guys!! I just wanted to say thank you for reading and I will definitely be updating more often. Also checkout my other two works ; Addicted to You (Danny Williams) and First Love (Ethan Dolan) thank you!! ❤️💜💚💙