Chapter 10

Chris POV
I wanted to take Ari out for a celebration cause she got the role but we were filming super late. Luckily we didn't have to film the next day, so I had a surprise for her! I quietly knocked on her trailer door and she let me in.
"Hey, today's shoot was super fun!" She said when I walked in. It was around Midnight so she let me drive her home. Once I parked he car I looked at her.
"Be ready at 10:30 am tomorrow. I have a surprise for you." I had already called Juliet to make sure she didn't have any plans so Ariana agreed to go and i headed home. I could barely sleep I was so excited!!
~the next day~
Ariana's POV
     I had no idea what Chris had planned for us. I wore a shirt dress that was flowy because I didn't know what to expect! I hopped in his car as he pulled up and spent the whole ride begging him to tell me where we were going. Once he pulled into the parking garage I knew though.
     "You're taking me to Universal??" I asked.
     "Yeah! I know how much you love theme parks!" He replied, squeezing my hand.
     We spent the whole day riding rides, eating junk food, and taking pictures. It was the best day ever!!
     "So... is this a good second date?" Chris asked.
     "Second date?" I asked with a smirk.
     "Well, I figure the dinner the other night was our first, that way we don't have to worry about first dates." He smiled. "You've told me all of you're first date horror stories. I know you hate them."
     "You're more observant than I suspected, Pratt" 
     "Only when I want to be."
     "Yes. It's a good first date."
I decided to post on Instagram. That I was at universal.

    Liked by @prattprattpratt, @julietzzzz and 12,678 more@ariarijohnsonn Guess I'm a Gryffindor!! #seconddate??? 🦅

@ariarijohnsonn Guess I'm a Gryffindor!! #seconddate??? 🦅

"That's an Eagle!" Chris laughed.
"It was the closest think I could find to a griffin!" I replied.
"The Gryffindor mascot is a lion... wait it might be a griffin. I don't know but it's not an eagle!" Chris joked.
We decided to head home after a full day of fun and Chris asked me if I wanted to meet Jack tonight. He was picking him up for the weekend and asked if I wanted to join them for dinner. I was super nervous but I ended up giving in because Chris gave me the pouty face.
     "Hi Daddy!!" Jack said once Anna opened the door.
     "Hey buddy!" Chris belt down to wrap Jack in a hug bear hug. "This is my friend Ariana, she's gonna hang out with us for dinner is that okay?" Jack nodded shyly as I melt down and waved to him. 
     I got up and shook hands with Anna, trying to be as civil as possible given what she put Chris through. We went out to Outback Steakhouse and jack got a paper and some crayons to color with. Chris had ran to the bathroom when Jack spoke up.
     "A-A-Ariana?" Jack said.
     "Yeah buddy?" I replied.
     "Can you help me with this maze. I can't figure it out." I tried to give him clue so he felt like he finished it rather than I finished it and we also decided to do the crossword puzzle while we waited for our food.
Chris POV
     Dinner was going amazingly. Jack was very slow to take up to people while I was around so I dipped out to go to the bathroom. When I came back I saw Ari helping Jack with some of the games on his kids menu. I leaned against one of the booths and smiled. It felt like jack was able to have a real family again and after everything with Anna and I, that's all I wanted for him. He's my world and I was super happy that I could introduce Ariana to him.
     I walked back and sat next to Ariana. Under the table I took her hand in mine and gave it a gentle squeeze. Her eyes flicked up towards me as a smirk crept onto her face. She squeezed my hand again and quickly let go, so nobody would notice that we were touching. We still haven't gone public with our relationship yet... but hopefully soon we will.