Chapter 11

Chris POV
     Once we got home I put Jack to bed. I tucked him in and read him a short story and then headed back out to the kitchen. I saw Ari pouring us each a glass of wine and walked up behind her wrapping my arms around her waist.
     "Hey" I whispered.
     "Hey" she replied spinning around to hand me my glass. "Figured we could celebrate." I gave her a questioning look. "Jack doesn't hate me"
     "More than that, he loves you. Just before he fell asleep he had to make sure you were going to be here in the morning."
     Ariana giggled. "And what did you say to that Mr. Pratt?"
     "I said, if anyone can get her to stay, it's this guy" I said as I pointed at myself with my thumbs.
     "You're not wrong."
     "Oh I am so right." I said as I leaned in. Our lips met as I lifted her onto the countertop. She wrapped her legs around my waist as I pulled away. "I'm going to have to have the guy talk with Jack soon. Aren't I?"
     "Guy talk?"
     "Basically just asking him if it's okay that I date people." I said.
Ariana's POV
     "Basically just asking him if it's okay that I date people." Chris said. He sounded so sincere and I could tell that it was very important that Jack approved of him choice in who to date. I leaned in and pecked him on the lips.
     "You know. You're a great Dad." I said to him. "And you were driving me crazy at dinner" I smirked.
     "Oh yeah?" Chris said. "How so?" A devilish grin spread across his face as his hand moved down my back to my thigh and gave it a light squeeze.
     "You know exactly what you did." I said. "But I'll get you back." I said as I hopped off the counter silently and padded to Chris bedroom. I turned around and gestured with one finger that he should follow me.
     "Oh yeah," Chris said as he rubbed his hands together in anticipation and followed me into the bedroom.
~the next morning~
Chris POV
I woke up and felt my arm wrapped around Ari. I thought something woke me up but I couldn't figure out what until I heard a light knock on the door.
"Daddy?" I heard Jack say. I quickly got up and walked over to the door.
"Hey buddy." I said as I picked him up and walked into the kitchen.
"Wait I wanna say good morning to Ariana!" Jack said trying to wiggle out of my arms.
"Why don't we give her a few minutes to wake up a bit." I said smiling. "Buddy I have a question for you." I said as I put him on a stool at the breakfast bar. "You know how mommy and I aren't living together anymore?" Jack nodded. "Well, how would you feel if I started hanging out with another girl... like dating another girl." I stuttered. I was so nervous I could feel the sweat dripping down my back.
"Dad..." Jack shrugged. "Are you talking about Ariana?"
"You're one smart dude" I said chuckling.
"Well, she is very nice... and she helped me with the word cross puzzle last night. I think you should kiss her" jack said. "Oooh can we have pancakes for breakfast??"
"Of course, bud." I threw some pancake mix together and left Jack playing with Legos in the kitchen and went to wake up Ariana. I walked into the bedroom to see her still passed out on her side of the bed. I walked over and sat down next to her and brushed a hand through his hair. She began to stir.
"Good morning, beautiful" I said as she opened one eye.
"Hey, babe." She said with a lazy smirk. I leaned down and brushed my lips against hers.
"I just talked to Jack..." I said.
"What's the verdict??" Ari said sitting up with a whole new energy.
"He said I have to kick you out..." I said. I saw her face fall. "Of bed because we are making pancakes for breakfast!" I continued which a chuckle. Ariana hit my shoulder while making a pouty face. "Oh and he told me to do this." I leaned in and cupped her face with my hands and kissed her slowly. She wrapped her hands around my neck and leaned her forehead against mine.
"Thank you, Jack..." she said with a smile. I picked her up and carried he to the doorway where she began to walk toward the kitchen. "Do I smell pancakes??" She said running over to where Jack was.
A/N
I know I haven't posted in a while but I entered this and my other book "Addicted to you" about Danny Williams in Wattys2018!!! Also, should I start a one-shot series about Shawn Spencer from Psych??? Lmk in the comments!!!