One

•••3rd POV•••

      "Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass, and I'm homebound!" Kelly sings aloud, very off key, then does the piano riff as her, her best friend, and her brother walk down the roads of Knightsville.

"All we did was watch White Chicks yesterday and she won't shut up." Reese Wilson, her best friend, complains and shakes his head.

"Oh come on Reeses Cups, you were singing with me earlier." Kelly argues, grinning at him.

Reese's ears turned red. "I thought I told you not to call me that ever again..." He huffs, looking down at his shoes.

They stopped at the field to the left of them. "I'll see you later Ian!" Kelly waves to her younger brother, Ian Green, as he swings his baseball bat around and walks to the center of the field. "Are you sure you don't need me to come get you again?" Kelly calls out to him.

"A friend's mom is driving me home after practice!" He reminds his sister, not turning around to face her.

"Right.." She mumbles to herself, "See you later!" She calls outs again. Reese waves at Ian who wasn't even looking and then they begin walking down the street.

Kelly and Reese walk in silence to his house, though Kelly was humming the lyrics to A Thousand Miles. They walk down to the corner house of the next block.

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?" Reese asks her, unlocking the front gate.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." Kelly assures him, watching as he closes the gate behind him.

"Just because we have heroes doesn't mean you can be too careful. Plus, it's Friday night, everybody goes out for drinks." Reese says, leaning on the gate.

Kelly shrugs, "They're no match for me, I know origami." Kelly smirks.

"Paper folding?" Reese cocks an eyebrow at her, chuckling.

"I was hoping you wouldn't know.." Kelly's smirk falls.

Reese laughs, shaking his head. "I don't know why you don't have a car yet, it'd be useful at a time like this." Reese tells her.

"What?! Me?! You don't have a car either! Not only that, we wouldn't be home late if you didn't get detention and have to go to the supermarket!" Kelly argues, narrowing her eyebrows.

Reese puts his hands up in surrender, "Alright, alright, I guess it's partially my fault." He admits.

"Ha! Partially!" Kelly laughs in a sarcastic manner.

Reese rolls his eyes, "Be careful." He warns her.

"You know I will be!" Kelly smiles and begins walking down the street.

Reese watched her from his front porch, "Be safe." He mutters.

••••Kelly's POV••••

Huh..I thought Reese trusted me walking home by myself after all these years...did he forget that I carry pepper spray?

I hum the lyrics of A Thousand Miles again as I walk down the street. Reese and I always watch movies together, just yesterday we rewatched White Chicks. Lets just say I'm still in pain from trying to do the whole 'club scene'.

I stop humming and walking when I hear a dog whimpering and people yelling. I peek into the alleyway and see a large group of people cornering a puppy and throwing objects at it.