Seven

Seven...O...Seven
Sorry, continue!

                    •••Kelly's POV•••

    I gawk at the tv screen, my jaw hung open.

"Seven more heroes have disappeared since last week. These heroes include Flare, Titan-"

I shut the tv off, still gawking at the blank screen. What's happening? Where is Hero Hunter taking them? I think back to all the other heroes that have disappeared. They all go into battle with Hero Hunter and they never come back.

"Come on, Kelly! We can't be late again! Mom and dad would kill us!" Ian shouts at me, trying to lift me up from my sitting position on the floor in front of the tv.

"Y'know for someone who plays multiple sports, I'm surprised you don't have the strength to pick me up." I say, standing up on my own.

"Not all sports require strength." He retorts, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, lets just go." I sigh softly, grabbing my book bag and throwing it over my shoulder.

"Geez, what's wrong with you?" Ian asks as I shut the front door behind us.

"Haven't you seen the news?! All of these heroes are disappearing! Nobody knows what's happening to them." I tell him.

"Or, it's just like Megamind when the hero fakes his death because he wants to be a musician." Ian jokes, snorting.

"This isn't something we can joke about, Ian. This is serious, we should investigate." I say.

Ian laughs hysterically. "Kelly, I'm gonna be honest with you..you sound crazy right now." I roll my eyes at him, "It's true! You can't go investigating a super villain who we have no leads or information on. And you don't have special abilities!" He explains.

"What about Batman? He didn't have powers." I point out, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, but he's been trained professionally and he's rich enough to buy all these cool gadgets." Ian retorts.

I groan, "There has to be some way to help.." I mutter.

Ian sighs, realizing there's no changing my mind. "My advice to you: don't get involved." He says before walking ahead to catch up with his friends.

****************

"Hey Reese," I call his name as he picks up his water bottle.

"Yeah?" He replies before putting it to his lips and taking a few sips.

"I want to help the superheroes."

He spits out all of his water to the side. "What?!" He exclaims.

"I want to help the superheroes." I repeat, smiling cheekily.

"I heard what you said, you're just crazy." Reese says, wiping his mouth with his sleeves.

"Who's crazy?" I hear a voice ask behind me.

"Me, apparently." I say, turning to face him.

"And why exactly?" Matt asks, sitting next to me with his food tray.

"Good question," I face Reese, "Why exactly am I crazy?"

"Because what you want to do is dangerous and probably impossible." Reese explains, scoffing.

"And what does she want to do?" Matt asks, confused.

"Help superheroes." Reese and I say simultaneously.

Matt raises an eyebrow and faces me, "Why do you want to help them?" He asks.

"Does anyone watch the news anymore?!" I exclaim. Reese and Matt just shrug. "Ugh," I groan, "Well, more heroes have gone missing again, you nitwits." I glare at them.