Three

It's my bday(well not anymore..)!! So since I'm happy today I thought I'd type up a chapter for you guys! Here we go! (Also, I don't work at PetSmart so I have no idea how that all works)

                ••••Kelly's POV••••

    "Have a good afternoon!" I smile at the lady and her son as they walk out with bags of hamster supplies.

"Hello sir." I smile politely at the man. He mutters a greeting in reply and tosses all his cat cans onto the checkout. I hold in the urge to scowl at him.

I scan all of his cat cans. "Anything else?" I ask.

"No, what's my total?" He asks, pulling out his wallet.

"It's-"

"Kelly!" I look over to see Hunter and Matt running over to me. They move past the man at the checkout. "I heard you found a dog-"

Hunter was cut off by the man, "Excuse you, but I was in line." He informs them, crossing his arms.

"This will only be a minute, sir." Matt tries to reason with him.

"You're going to have to wait, I don't have time to deal with this." He tells them.

"It's important!" Hunter exclaims.

"You think I give a damn? Wait your turn!" He tells them.

"Sorry guys.." I mumble an apology to them as they walk to the back of the line which is behind two other customers.

As soon as the man pays, he walks away muttering curses. The other two customers must've switched lines since Hunter and Matt walk up to me.

"I heard you found a dog!" Hunter exclaims.

"Estelle is your dog?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You named her?" Hunter raises an eyebrow then shakes his head, "Where is she? Is she okay? What happened to her? Where did you find her?" He interrogates.

I stumble back from the close proximity. He didn't seem to notice that he leaned over the checkout even more after asking a question. Matt pulls him back and steadies him to stand up straight.

"She's at my house. Yes, she's fine. I don't know how she ran away but I found her in an alleyway." I answer all of his questions calmly, leaving out the part that people were throwing things at her.

"Can you take me to her?" He asks desperately.

"I'm still working a shift.." I mumble.

"What time does your shift end?" He asks.

I look down at my phone, checking the time. "It ends in about another hour.." I tell him.

"I'll be back by then." He states, turning around to walk away with Matt.

"Wait!" He turns around to face me, "How did you know I found a dog?" I ask.

"Seth heard you guys talking about it in the hallway at some point..he said you guys talk to loud." Hunter replies.

"Of course he did." I mutter, rolling my eyes.