Fifteen

Holy crap it's been a while. I am so sorry. Today was my first day back at school after our break and I hated every minute of it. Why can't we just stay home all day :(

•••Kelly's POV•••

      "Kelly, breathe. You're okay. Everything is alright." Shifter says, rubbing my back in a comforting manner.

My crying stopped a while ago but now I was trying to calm my breathing from my mini panic attack earlier.

Shifter looks over at Duplicator who had his hands gently placed on Shadow King's chest, a navy blue light streaming out of his hands as he healed him to the best his energy could allow.

"How is he, D?" Shifter asks him, sighing softly.

"He's coming along. Wounds and cuts will definitely be healed, though he'll be sore. Especially his arm, it was the hardest to heal as it was the only thing actually broken." Duplicator answers, pursing his lips.

"Don't strain yourself too much." Shifter faces me again, "You feeling better, Kelly?" He asks, still rubbing my back. I nod slowly. "Good, I'm glad." He smiles down at me.

My breathing finally returns to normal as I've calmed down. I took a deep breath, feeling my heart beat at its normal pace. Shifter seems to notice this.

"Kelly, who-"

"I don't know who he is." I answer, already knowing what he was going to ask.

"I was going to ask if you've had any encounters with him but I guess not." Shifter mumbles, taking his hand away from my back.

"His voice was familiar. But I feel like I haven't heard it in a while, especially if I can't put a face to the voice." I tell him, looking away from the heroes.

"It's fine. We would extremely appreciate it if you could try and remember." Shifter says. I nod in response. "Thank you." He glances back at Duplicator and Shadow King. "Maybe we should bring these two back to HQ, then you home."

"How are you going to carry us all back?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"He won't have to." The sound of Shadow King's deep modifies voice startles Shifter and I, though we face him quickly, relieved that he was okay.

"But you're in too much pain to use your ability." Shifter points out.

Shadow King stands up with the help of Duplicator. "I have enough energy for one jump." He grunts, "You need to bring Kelly home."

"But Shadow King, you're in a lot of pain-"

"Thank you for worrying Kelly, but I can handle it. It doesn't even hurt that much, thanks to D over here." Shadow King grins beneath his mask, patting Duplicator's back gently.

Duplicator smiles proudly, "It was nothing, SK. I just wanted to help."

I smile at the two. They always have each other's backs; in and out of the suit.

"Well..if you're sure.." Shadow King nods, "Then alright. Get back safe and make sure to rest until your healed." I scold them.

"Sure thing, mom." Duplicator snorts.

I shake my head, chuckling. "Goodnight, you guys." I say, waving and smiling at them which they do back. I walk over to Shifter who, after I give him the signal of a nod, picks me up bridal style and flies in the direction of my house.