Six

Just saying, I'm watching Heathers as I type this so who knows how long it'll take to type this.

•••Kelly's POV•••

My eyes flutter open, revealing the posters of my room. I sit up quickly, a bit frightened. Wasn't I on the couch?

I grab my phone and check the time, I still have about two hours before school starts. My eyes widen at the amount of missed calls and text messages I received. I'm sorry...when did I become popular? I choose to look at Reese's messages first.

                     CarrotHead😋

What happened to u?
Are u ok? Where did SK take
u?
Why aren't u answering?
I swear if they did anything to hurt
u I'll punch that guy in the face

Those were just a few. Then I look at the messages from my family.

Mom, Dad, Lil bro

Mom:
Are you ok honey?

Dad:
What happened out there?

Lil bro:
All of my teammates are talking about u sis
R u ok?

And so on. Why is everyone so worried exactly?

I stand up and get out of bed, stretching a bit. Then I see a piece of paper on my desk with some words on it. I tilt my head and raise an eyebrow, confused. I walk over to it.

Kelly, we hope you feel better, check the news. I'm sure it won't be too hard to figure out what went down -Shifter

Wait, when did Shifter come?! Ugh, whatever! I glance at my laptop which the note was right next to. Opening it up and typing in my password, I searched up 'Shadow King latest fight'. A video pops up titled 'Imitatia's Granddaughter Saved by Shadow King in the Midst of Battle'. Don't tell me they got me on camera.. I click on the video, anxiously waiting for it to begin playing.

At first, Shadow King and the villain they named..Whirlpool..wasn't that my name for him? Whatever. They were battling normally. It was hard for Shadow King to use his abilities on him, they didn't seem to effect Whirlpool as much. A shadow covers Shadow King quickly and he teleports a bit further away.

Shadow King would hide in the shadows to sneak up on Whirlpool. Usually it would work and he'd be able to land a few hits on Whirlpool until having to teleport back into the shadows. That's when you spot me walking out of PetSmart.

Whirlpool noticed me and tried to use me as bait to lure out Shadow King from the shadows by attacking me. Man, I'm so stupid. When Whirlpool shoots his whirlpool out at me, that's when Shadow King jumps out of the shadows at me shouting, "Look out!" And pushing me into the alley before I got hit.

That's why people have been messaging me? I mean, they saw it themselves, I'm fine, he saved me. After today, people will go back to normal and I'll be invisible to them once again.

"I thought the villains would be cooler too, but I guess you're okay." I cringe hearing myself mock the villain. How embarrassing.. I sigh, pausing the video. I fast forward until after Shadow King and I teleport away, when Duplicator and Shifter show up.

Shifter dodges Whirlpool's attacks as Duplicator looks focused. My eyes widen, realizing what he was going to do. No way! He can't do that! It drains too much energy! We've seen him try it before..other heroes had to step in because Duplicator couldn't finish them off. He can't hold it for long either!