13

Tori held her phone to her ear, it's already rang six times. She hopes that he answers.

On the seventh ring he picks up.

"Hello, Miss. Tori." she could hear him smile.

"Hi James, I'm sorry but I can't make it today. An old friend came by and she wants to get lunch." She lied, biting her finger gently.

There was an odd silence on the other side of the phone.

"James?" She asked to make sure he was still there.

"Alright, but you owe me." He said in a joking manner, but seriousness was laced like a deadly poison in his voice.

Chills made their way down her spine before she answered.

"Okay." Tori whispered before she hung up.

********

James watched an older female version of his boss walk out of the large house, his eyes followed Tori as she talked with Mr.Johnson. He gripped the branch of the enormous tree he had been hiding behind, until his knuckles were white. He was angry at his Tori, he angry that she would flaunt herself around him. James watched his phone ring a few times before he decides to answer.

"Hello, Miss.Tori." He smirked devilishly as he watched her face turned red.

"Hi James, I'm sorry but I can't make it today. An old friend came by and she wants to get lunch."

Fury rose inside of James like a forest fire. How could she lie to him? Who the fuck does she think she is? Soon he will teach her what respect is.

"James?" Her voice was so small.

"Alright, but you owe me." He tried his best to sound as if he was joking, but he wasn't. Nor does he find her lying to him funny either.

Only taking one last glance through his soon to be lover's window, he walks away through the bushes to his car.

*********

"So my son, are you going to tell me about your female friend here?" Mrs.Johnson's eyes lit up as they landed on Tori.

Carter grabbed Tori's hand gently.

"I'm going to marry her." He fakes a smile for his mother.

His mother's mouth drops, and for a second before she squeals loudly, causing everyone in the restaurant to look over at them.

"Mother calm down." He lowers his head and hisses at the woman.

Tori smacked his arm playfully with a smirk.

"She's excited that her son is getting married. That's every mother's dream." Tori took Mrs.Johnsons side.

"Exactly son, Victoria understands." Carter's mother smiled fondly at Tori. "When's the wedding?" She finally ask.

"We haven't decided yet, but soon." Carter's take a drink of his tall glass of ice water.

"I hope it's a huge wedding." Mrs.Johnson smiled. "Tori is your mother as excited as I am?"

Tori took a a long drink of her Dr.Pepper, trying to think of something.

"We haven't told her mother yet, Tori wants it to be a surprise." Carter says.

Tori was actually glad Carter cut in, she doesn't have a reason why her mother doesn't know yet. Other than the fact she never told her.

"A surprise?" Mrs.Johnson cooed. Her eyes move to Tori's bare ring finger. "Where's the engagement ring?"

Carter felt the air in his lungs disappear. His grandfather had told his mother about the arranged marriage before, he hopes she doesn't catch on. She's always wanted him to fall in love, and then get married.

Tori laid her small hand on his, and caressed the top of his hand gently.

"It was in the heat of the moment." Tori giggles trying to sound honest. "It was romantic, we were standing in the rain when he asked me."

Mrs.Johnson's face flushed red with excitement.

"Besides, I don't need a ring to marry him." Tori looked at Carter while he removed his hand from under hers.

"Well, it's almost time for me to head back to my office. Lunch is about over, Tori there's a dinner party this weekend at My husband and I's home. We'd love it if you two would come."

"Mother I'm n-"

Tori stands up from her seat as Mrs.Johnson stands from hers.

"We'll be there." Tori cuts her future husband off.

They say their goodbyes before Tori sits back down in her seat. Her eyes scan the restaurant as she feels someone's eyes burn into her. Carter is busy looking through some paperwork, so it can't be him. She nearly gave up until she spotted familiar blonde hair sitting behind her.

Carter's phone dinged and his mother's name appeared on the screen.

*there is a weird blonde that was watching us from behind you and tori.*

All the color drained from Carter's face as he watches Tori get up.

"Where are you going?" He hissed through his teeth, trying to stay quiet.

"I think I see James." She squints her eyes in the pervs direction. "I'm gonna see if it's him."

Carter went to grab her arm but she took off to quickly.

"James is that you?" She stands in front of the blondes table.

"Tori?" He drops the menu and smiled warmly. "I didn't know you'd be here."

She smiles widely at him.

"Yeah I'm just having lunch with..." she trailed off looking for the right words to use.

"With our boss?" He rose an eyebrow and flashed a friendly smile.

James felt like his face would fall off if he kept fake smiling like he is now. He's never been so angry before, no where near this bad. He wanted to take Carter's head and slam it against the table in front of him.

"Yeah, we're discussing uniforms for the girls at the club. There's apparently a creep running around peeping through windows, and Mr.Johnson doesn't want something to happen to his female employees." Tori admitted.

She had no idea that the creep was James, and she also had no idea Carter was only worried about her.

James narrowed his eyes.

"A creep huh?" He asked taking a drink of his glass of wine.

He's not a creep, he also had no idea that Carter saw him. James's mind started to fill itself with wary thoughts.

What if Carter did see him that night? What if Carter knows that James is the 'perv' Carter warned Tori about? Does Tori know what he did?

"Yeah, but I think he's just paranoid. I haven't seen anything suspicious." She took a seat at James's table.

"Who was the woman with him?" He asked staring hard at the small red head sitting across from him.

Tori's eyes went wide.

"She's a friend of Mr.Johnsons." She lied. "Well I better get back to the table and finish discussing uniforms. See you later." She smiled at the man and gave him a small wave before heading back to her table.