65

Victoria's song to Carter: Flash light by Jessie J.

"Victoria?!" Carter yelled as He burst his way through the front door.

The apartment was silent, it was so quiet to the point you could hear a pin drop. The silence made Carter whip out his infamous silver gun, keeping it down at his side, He makes his way around the apartment. Checking every room just in case.

With only one left to check, he sucks in a breath and kicks down his bathroom door. There he found his wife dabbing his friend's shoulder with a cloth.

"Carter." She beamed as she met his intense stare.

The young CEO had to take a moment to relish in relief. His wife hadn't been shot, she was safe and okay. It he had come back and found her wounded or dead, he'd go psychotic.

"What happened to you?" Carter rose a brow at his FBI friend.

Connor winced a little each time Tori dabbed the cloth against his wound. He wanted to get comfortable but the chair she has him in is too small.

"She shot me." He tried to laugh to make light of the situation.

"You what?" Carter moved his eyes to his short wife.

She stood there frozen and unsure of what to say. The look on her husband expression gave mixed signals. She can't tell if he's furious or not. She did after all, shoot Connor.

"I didn't mean to." She rushes her words, afraid if she doesn't speak he's either going to stay silent or yell. "It was an accident."

Carter can see the utter panic and worry splattered across Tori's face. Slolwy he walks to her and embraces her in a gentle but frim hug.

"It's okay." The CEO laughs softly. "Accidents happen."

"What?" Connor piped up. "I was the one who got shot, it's not just okay."

Moving away from the small redhead, Carter stands by his friends side, a sly smirk held on his face.

"Move the rag Connor." Carter nodded his head full of dark chestnut hair to his blonde friend's shoulder.

"What? Why?" Connor stood up quickly as Carter got a closer look.

"We've both been shot and shot at numerous times, I know she only grazed you." Carter smacked the FBI agents back in a friendly manner before retracting his arm. "Don't be such a bitch."

"You're a bitch." Connor mumbles to himself jokingly. "But she did shoot me, so she tried to fix it up." He says as he tosses Carter the rag, only to get it thrown in his back in his face.

The dark haired man turns back the short girl with long red curly locks.

**************

Tori stood in front of the the bathroom mirror, fog from the steam clouding her reflection. Placing her small, pale hand on the cold glass, she wipes it away. She held the charcoal grey towel tightly to her chest as she stared hard at herself. Lightly she skid her finger down the long scar on the left side of her face, normally she would wince because of the stinging pain. Lately there's been no pain at all, it's terrifyingly numb.

Bringing her finger down, she traces the scar across her freckled covered nose. Again, no feeling at all. The gross torn flesh may of held but what it left behind will never allow Tori to fully heal. Never in her life has a man raised a hand to her, never once has a man gotten off on her absolute pain. She hasn't cried in front of Carter, she doesn't want to appear weak to the strongest man she knows.

She met her reflections eyes, her damp, tangled blood red locks clung to her face. The pain and loss behind the lime green orbs nearly caused her to break down. A few tears rolled down her cheeks,for the millionth time. she tried to grasp everything that's happened. Losing her job, getting kidnapped, being tortured, losing her sister and killing a man has taken a toll on the small woman standing in alone in the dim lighted bathroom. Not to mention the other horrible things that have happened.

She tried to stop the tears from falling but she couldn't. The more she tried the harder they fell. Clutching her hands around her mouth, she tries to scream but nothing comes out. Frustrated and in tears, Tori falls to the floor and starts to stomp her feet repeatedly on the ground.

Seconds later a loud knock interruptes her.

"Victoria are you okay?" Her husband's worried voice carries through the door.

Sucking in a deep breath and slowly letting it out, she stands to regain her composure. Taking a look at herself one last time, she wipes the tears from her face and smiles.

"Yeah I'm fine." She cracks the door open to meet Carter's face.

He searches her face to see if she's lying, even though his beautiful wife can keep a straight face while lying, he can still tell. He doesn't want to push it though, if she was ready to tell him she would.

"I heard a loud noise." He allowed his eyes trail down to her towel.

"Sorry, I thought I saw a spider or something." She smiled as she lied.

"Right." He rose a dark brow before planting a small kiss on her forehead. "Finish getting ready and come to the dining room so we can eat."

"You can eat without me." Tori offered.

"No." Was all he said as he turned and walked away, leaving her to get ready alone.

It seems to her that the only good thing that's happened to her this last five months, is Carter. He protects her, takes care of her. She has two jobs because of him, he gave her the wedding she has always wanted.

Suddenly all the bad stuff seemed to of washed away for now, Carter just makes everything, better. Dropping the towel and pulling on her clothes. Tori gets ready and heads to the kitchen where her husband and friend are waiting.