66

With the holidays finally over, Carter and Tori are back at work in his office. As they work in silence, the soft sound of rain taps against the massive window.

The young CEO has been at his desk all morning, signing and dating papers. He had forgotten a couple times that it's January second, and not December. Taking a small break from hours of work, he peers his head up to watch his wife shuffle around filing papers. He watched as she mumbled to herself, her face twisting in all sorts of different expressions as she did her work.

Repeatedly, she would have to move her long hair out of her face. Grunting and moaning every time a huge chunk would fall right back in her flawless face.

A loud knock forced Carter to snap his attention to the door.

"Come in." Carter order.

Doing as they were ordered, the person on the other side of the door slowly peered it open.

"What can I do for you Sam?" Carter smiled at the younger man who entered shyly.

Sam's eyes trailed over to Victoria, who gave a small wave at the intern before getting back to work. Sam couldn't take his eyes off the goddess in the room. He can't help it, she's beautiful.

"Sam." Carter snapped his long fingers to get his intern's attention. "What can I do for you?"

"Oh." The nerdy looking intern shuffled closer to his boss's desk. "This came in for Victoria, and this one came for you."

In the younger man's hands were two thick yellow envelopes. Carter felt chills crawl down his spine. He knows what's waiting for him in those, disgusting images of some freak in a mask while either touching Tori in her sleep or watching her.

"Sam, who handed these to you?" The CEO was growing frustrated. How is suppose to keep her safe if... No where is possibly safe for her.

"Um, some weirdo in a mask dropped them off."

Tori kindly took the envelope that was addressed to her, saying a simple but sweet thank you. As her fingers slid under the already somewhat opened flap, she started to become nervous. What the hell could possibly be in here?

"Sam hand me mind." The dark haired man behind the desked barked with no emotion behind his voice.

"Yes sir." The nerd quickly place the other envelope in his bosses desk and turned around to walk out.

"Have a good day Sam." Carter and Tori hollered to the intern.

With a small smile and wave, Sam left. Leaving Tori and Carter to open their presents from the masked man. As Tori began skimming throw thr multiple pictures in her hands, Carter pulls out a piece of paper, as he scans it with his eyes, He realised the masked man sent him a letter.

Dear, Carter Dylan Johnson. Moving your little toy won't stop me from finding her, I know who you are and yet you have no idea who I am. I'm the one who stole most of your gang, I promised them things that I can uphold. I promised then riches and women, only if they listen to me though. My point being, Men are hungry and will do ANYTHING for the things they desire. The same goes for you, you desire to keep your beautiful wife and you'd do anything to keep her that way. Would you not?

That's all? Was he threatening Carter? He thrushed his large hand into the tan envelope. His fingers slightly grazed what felt like photographs. He felt his heart drop to the pit of his stomach, he prayed to God these weren't of Victoria.

As quickly as possible, he rips them out and begins to flip through them. To his relief, they weren't of his beloved wife. The young CEO relaxed some as he thanked God those photos weren't of her. Instead they were of many different men and women. Why would the pyscho send these?

From previously leaning back in his chair, Carter leans forward and looks harder at the pictures, this time paying attention to the faces.

What the hell could these be for?

"Hey." Tori called as she shoved something back in her package. "I'm gonna go get something to eat, you want something?"

"No but I can go with you." He went to stand.

"No." She says too quickly. "No, you stay here and get your work done. I'll be back soon." With that she turns and walks away.

What's with her?

"Sam!" Carter yells through the door, knowing his intern is sitting behind it.

"Yes sir?" The nerdy intern burst through the door not even seconds later.

"I need you to follow someone."

"Who, sir?"

Carter huffed before replying.

"My wife."

"Do you think she's having an affair?" Sam's mouth fell open in shock.

"No." Carter's dark chestnut eyes narrowed at the small man in front of him. "I just need to know she's safe, and I trust you."

*************

The winter air was nearly too much for Tori, the coldness felt like razor blades against her skin. Snow covered streets and side walks, it's a beautiful sight but damn does she hate the cold. Not to mention she's wearing a skirt and heels. Curse Carter for having a dress code and curse the winter. She imagines that the restaurant she's suppose to meet this person isn't too much further away.

It's nearly impossible for her walk anymore, her toes and legs feel frozen. She scans the area she's in, her heart leaping out of her chest when she sees the restaurant.

As carefully as possible and as quickly as possible, Tori storms to the other side of the street. A shiver goes down her spine as she enters the heated place, it was calm and quiet. Inside, were dark maroon table and chairs, Japanese configurations were placed on walls and shelves, the carpet was a lighter red than the tables.

A few tables were full with people eating and chatting, Tori took her seat in the far back corner of the restaurant. Taking a look at the time on her phone, she let's put a small sigh.

"I apologize for taking so long. Traffic was crazy."