19

Hoarse, pain filled screams echoed through the damp basement.

"I'll ask you again. What all did you do to her?" Carter yells in the smaller blue eyes man's face.

James hung his head low as his laughter filled the room.

"All I did was play around a bit." James peeked through his hair. "I did try to shove myself in her mouth though... oops."

Before Carter could even think about what he's doing, the barrel of his gun was pressed against James forehead.

"Do it." James laughed. "Do it, if you don't I'll repeatedly come for Tori, I still haven't gotten what I wanted from her."

Carter cranked the wheel that controlled James's chains, causing him to hit the ground hard. Carter knelt down to be eye to eye with the fucker.

"She has scars on her face." He starts. "My fiancé has scars on her fucking face because of you. Not little ones either, big ones that will never go away." Carter swayed his gun back and forth as he spoke, never breaking eye contact.

"That's usually how scars work." James hissed. "Tell me, is my work as beautiful as I hoped?"

Carter has never felt so furious in his entire life. Who the hell does this kid think he is? Carter is holding a gun to James's head, daring himself to pull the trigger, and the blonde still wants to fuck with him?

"When I'm done with you, you're going to wish you never laid eyes on her." The tall man with dark eyes growled as he spit on the blonde.

*********

"So this is where you live?" Erica asked as she walked around the house, taking it all in. "It's massive."

Tori chuckled at the tall blonde woman with wide eyes.

"It really is."

Erica followed closely behind Tori to the living room, taking a seat on the black leather couch.

"I'm really sorry I left you outside by yourself." Erica grabs Tori's hand gently in her own. "I knew he was there and I should of know something was going to happen. Something always does around him."

Tori offered her new friend a small smile.

"Don't blame yourself, I'm fine really. He didn't do any damage that can't be reversed besides the scars."

Erica eyed the small woman with compassion and admiration. "You're extremely brave."

"As are you." Tori slid her hands away softly before standing. "You want to watch a movie or something? I can invite my other friends over tonight. I have to wake up early though because Carter and I are going to a fancy lunch with his mom."

Erica's eyes lit up. "Oh I would love that."

Tori squealed in glee as she called her two best friends.

**********

Carter washed his hands clean of the nasty blood that covered them, he swore he could still feel the disgusting pervs blood on his hands. He didn't kill James, not yet anyways. He just ripped a load of skin off the blonde man chained up. Carter wants him to feel the pain he put Tori through, he wants to torture the sick fuck. He wasn't going to let anyone or anything stop him either.

"David we need to get going, we have that fancy lunch party to go tomorrow. Mike I'll need you there to watch over Victoria, you're her personal body guard now." Carter ordered as he marched outside to his car. "Lock up this cabin before you leave, we don't want any wonders coming in and not be able to come back out."

"What do you think is going to happen when the family and clients see Tori's face?" David asked as his brother peeled out of the long gravel drive way. "What will you tell them?"

"She was in a crash recently. Nothing too bad, she just needed some stitches and has a few scars."

"A few?" David snapped. "She's covered in them."

Carter's eyes never left the road as his grip tightened around the steering wheel.

"I'll get her a long dress with long sleeves."

"Those scars on her face are deep to cover." The younger brother spoke quietly.

"I know that." Carter yelled. "Don't you dare say a word to the family about this, and don't you dare say anything to Victoria about her scars. She feels bad enough."

David couldn't help but smile a small smile.

"You care about her."

"Of course I do." The CEO whispers. "She's the key to my wealth."

Carter took the sharp turn that led him out of the dark woods.

"You can stay at my house for tonight."

"No, I need to get home. Just drop me off at the club my car is there." David looked out the window as the thoughts that has been on his mind left his lips. "I'm not taking you up on that bet."

Carter snaps his head in his brothers direction.

"Why not?"

The younger man laughs before turning to his brother.

"I would lose. She's obviously already taken a liking to you, granted she doesn't love you and hardly knows you. In time she will love you, I saw the way she looked at you in the club. She hardly noticed me when you showed up."

Carter's grip loosened around his wheel, his mind drifted to earlier in the night when he introduced David to Tori. She didn't look at David the same way she looked at him. It's not love, but the admiration that was behind her eyes warmed his heart.

Quickly shaking the thoughts out of his head, he pulls into the parking lot and lets his brother out before heading back home. He couldn't wait to get home, this time it wasn't to sleep or to finish paper work in peace. God knows he'll never be able to work in peace again since Ms. loudmouth moved in. He replayed that in his head, never be able to work in peace again. He mentally punched himself in the face. He doesn't have to deal with her forever, just until they get a divorce.

In order to do that. They need to get married first.