Chapter 5

It's already 2pm and I've been at the crime scene this whole time. I was sitting at the porch of the house, seeing how officers and other police workers came in and out sharing information about the case.

A pathologist exited the house talking to the FBI agent. "They have been dead for 11 hours, so the murder happened around 3am. All bodies had same death cause, which is removal of both kidneys in a professional way." He said before getting back in.

After some time a crime scene investigator exited with a couple of transparent bags in their hands. "We have taken samoles of blood around the house, we have pictures of the blood trails, and here is the broken glass in case of fingerprint presence." They layed down the evidence in the agent's hands, as he took them somewhere I didn't see.

As the crime scene investigator was bout to enter, I stopped him. "Excuse me miss, I have to investigate the crime scene." He said. "I believe I might have a part of evidence, so I wanted to give it to you." I said making him turn looking at me. "Go ahead" He motivated for me to hand it in.

I began fiddling in my pockets until I felt the paper I was looking for. I pulled it out and handed it over. "I found this paper in Jake's parents' room. I don't know what this is supposed to mean, but I believe it's important" I said as he nodded in agreement and took the paper walking back.

I waited for some time until two people came closer to me with two policemen. "Hello Miss, we are agent Hawks, and agent Maddison. We'd like to take you to the station and ask a couple of questions since you ate one of the suspects." They said as I nodded following them to the car.

I do admit, I was scared, but I knew that I didn't kill them so it for sure couldn't be me. I entered the police car as they drove off to the direction of the federal agency.

I was fiddling with my fingers because I felt nervous, even tho u knew I had nothing about. I guess it's just that it's something new, and a bad news thing to try out. Especially at times like this.

The car parked and everyone exited the vehicle. I followed the cops and the angments to the building entrance. We got inside and they led me to a counter. There I got my card that said 'visitor' on it. They cops later led me to a special room, the questioning room. I wasn't surprised.

The room was plain with light grey walls and a metal desk with thwo metal chairs one on the opposite of other. There was a huge mirror that had more agents hidden behind it to wath the questioning.

After some seconds agent Hawks entered with some documents in his hand. "Hello Miss y/n l/n" He created and I greeted him back. "You probably know why you are here, right?" He asked to which you replied only with a nod.

"Can you tell me more about the situation? How you know each other, what did you do the night before and all the way until we came" He asked which I returned with a nod only. I cleared my throat before I started to speak.

"We know each other from school. He is my classmate, and my crush." I said looking down. "He knew hills scared I was from it all so he invited me for a sleepover which I accepted of course." I looked back up. "When we got there I met his parents, nice people. We ate together and then Jake and I played some video games, before getting, ready for bed and going to sleep." You said as you took a deep breath. "I didn't wake up during the night. I woke up to the sound of a window hitting against the wall. I was confused but saw a trail of blood. It lead me to Jake, and when I went to his parents that when I saw them and the note that i handed to the crime scene investigator. Later on I heard loud knock and took a knife just in case, since I was downstairs at that moment, but it was his neighbors so I put it down. The rest you know." I said as they just nodded while checking some documents.

"Alright, you'll stay here until this all us over. And officer will bring you to your cell." Agent Hawks said before he left. A cell wasn't a best place, but at least it was safe. Or was it?