06.

flagstaff | chapter six

Dakota watches as the two demons - that's what Sam called them, and seriously? Demons? - tie Sam to a chair opposite her

"What are you doing?" She asks them, struggling against the ropes again, still not managing to get anywhere.

"I told you, silly. We're playing a game." The little girl sighs dramatically. "We'll explain the rules once Sammy is awake. Don't want to have to explain twice!"

"Just let us go! We won't tell anyone about this. I promise!" Dakota pleads, tears coming to her eyes. 

"No." The little girl growls. "We're playing a game."

"You're insane." Dakota spits angrily making the girl grin sadistically, again, a smile that should not be on a little girls face.

"Spot on, Kota." She giggles. Dakota growls at the nickname her sister gave her, hating that it's being used by some psychotic child who kidnapped her. 

A soft groan brings everyone's attention to Sam who is now waking up. Suddenly he jerks his head up, as if remembering what happened and he glares at the little girl in front of him. 

"What do you want with us?" He growls angrily. It shocks Dakota how calm he can be in this situation, almost as if it's normal for him.

"We're going to play a game." The child repeats. "I'll forgive you for forgetting, Sammy. You just suffered a knock on the head after all. Things are probably a little crazy up there right now."

"Who are you?" He asks, raising his eyebrows. "I would like to be able to call you psychos something."

"You can call me Elisa." The little girl smiles, dimples on show again. "Her, you can call Emily." She points to the woman who is stood beside Sam. "Now, let's get on with the game."

Sam rolls his eyes, fidgeting slightly as the woman and the girl move to stand between them, but the two teenagers can still see each other. Sam sends Dakota a reassuring smile and Dakota tries to return it but a tear slips from her eye. 

"The rules of this game are simple." Emily states, pointing between the teens with a knife, causing Dakota to gulp in fear and Sam to glare again, fidgeting slightly. "We ask you each a question, you answer. If we don't like the answer to our question, we hurt one of you."

"Understood?" Elisa asks sweetly, tilting her head and flashing her dimples once more. 

Sam and Dakota jerk their heads forward in a slight nod.

"Good." Emily smiles. "Sammy, you first." She walks to stand in front of him and crouches down so their eyes make contact, black to hazel. "Where are Daddy and Dean?"

Sam's eyes widen slightly for a fraction of a second before he composes himself and stares straight into the glossy black eyes of the demon. "I don't know." He states coldly. 

Emily glares at him, slicing the knife over his arm, a trickle of blood escapes and Sam tries to pull it away, letting out a sound of pain and frustration. "I do not like that answer, Sam." She growls at him. "Where are they?"

"I told you, I don't know." He tells her. "I ran away from them, after a fight. They're probably out looking for a new case." He shakes his head. "Or even me." He snorts, clearly not believing it. "I mean, Dean would want to. Ya know. He always wants to look after me. I'm his little brother. 'Watch out for Sammy'. Dad always gets him to repeat it, can't even look after his own son." He rolls his eyes in anger. "So Dean'll maybe look for me, it's his job. But Dad won't. He'll be more interested in the next hunt."

Emily makes another cut in his arm before turning to Dakota. "Your turn, Kota." She smirks. Dakota gulps as she crouches in front of her. "How do you feel about Sammy over there?"

Dakota furrows her eyebrows in confusion, she sees Sam doing the same, still fidgeting. Can that boy not sit still?

"We just met about an hour or two ago." She reminds them. Emily raises the knife and Dakota's eyes widen in fear before she quickly carries on, not believing she could stand being cut. "But I felt drawn to him from the moment I laid eyes on him. I don't even know why! It's just this feeling, it feels as if I've known him my whole life, but I also feel like I need to know everything about him. Like I can tell him everything about me. I know that sounds like what people say when they think they're in love at first sight, but it's not like that. I just feel as if I should know him."

Emily and Elisa smirk as the older demon stands up. Dakota sees that Sam's eyes are wide in shock and confusion, although she sees understanding there too.

"I told you that you're connected in some way." Elisa giggles. 

"Do you know why?" Dakota asks, hoping she can get some answers. Both demons look at her and shrug.

"We have no idea." Emily admits. "We can feel your connection, it's unlike anything I've ever known of before. No explanation."

Dakota's eyes widen a fraction as she sees Sam's hands free, a knife in one. He smirks at her before he starts speaking. 

"Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica, ergo draco maledicte, ut ecclesiam tuam secura, tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos!" He chants, the demons' eyes widen in shock, trying to stab at the boy, but he manages to dodge the knife each time and keeps chanting. Finally, black smoke flies from the mouths of the woman and little girl and they drop to the floor.

Sam runs to Dakota and starts cutting at the ropes tying her to the chair.

"What was that?" Dakota asks him as the ropes fall from her wrists and she stands and spins to face Sam.