Chapter 1

Yasmine sat in her room
finishing up her homework when all of a sudden her moma bust into her room.

"Go and find yo brother for dinner he hasn't came in and I'm worried" her moma said scared

"O-Okay " Yasmine got up off the bed and through on her nikes and grabbed her hoodie.

They lived in Harlem so it stayed chilly. Yasmine walked out the house and went down the steps of their projects apartment. Her and her family stayed in the ghetto part of Harlem so everybody knew everybody and they moma.

While Yasmine walked down the steps she saw Lil Peanut a little boy who stayed in drama and in front of their apartment complex.

"Heeeeey Yasmine" the lil boy said googly eyeing her.

"Hey lil peanut" she said back smiling at him.

"Wasssup Baby lemme holla at you for a second" lil peanut said to Yasmine.

Yasmine rolled her eyes and smiled. "Peanut don't you supposed to be in the house its getting dark" Yasmine said to the little boy who was trying to spit mac to her.

"I'm supposed to be up in those panties tonight what you tryna do bec-

"Don't your moma live in apartment C-31" Yasmine said practically threatening him turning around pretending to walk to their building.

"Okay okay okay I'm sorry Yazzzzy" he said pleading going after her on his bike.

She kept walking over to their building with a smirk on her face.

"I'll do whatever Yasmine just please don't tell my moma" the young boy pleaded as tears threatened to fall down his face.

"Where'd you hear that type of stuff anyway" Yasmine said. Lil Peanut always was the type to flirt with her but he never talked like that.

"Ummmmm" he said.

"I'm waiting" she said.

He sighed. " The Hailey & DeGrate brothers" he said.

Yasmine rolled her eyes. "Don't ever talk like that again got it" she warned him.

"Okay I won't" He said.

"Now go home" she told him and he raced off.

"DeVante and nem hoe ass" she said to her self. They were known as the pretty boys in their neighborhood including her ex Elign. She walked to the basketball court watching all the men and teen boys play ball,smoke and talk.

She walked over to her brother best friend Tyree.

"Aye Tyree" Yasmine yelled to him. He came down smiling at her. "Wassup Yazz" he said hugging her with his muscular arms. He was only in 10th grade but was taller then her. He had light caramel skin. With pretty brown freckles sporting his face with a big bright smile and straight hair line. He was absolutely gorgeous for his age and could play some mean basketball.

"hey have you seen my brother" she asked him.

Tyree brought his bottom lip into his mouth and looked everywhere but Yasmine face.

"I can tell you anything but that" he said to her. He was told not to tell her where her brothers whereabouts.

Yasmine began to get nervous. "Tyree!" She said giving him a look.

He sighed. "Come on Yazzy I gotta have my mans back" he said.

"Tyree if you don't tell me right now I'll snatch that basketball out of your hand and through it in your face so hard ya freckles will jump right on my shirt" she said to him. Tyree's face was priceless.