Chapter 8

Yasmine

I walked down the halls with Nikki as I filled her in on what happened yesterday. I was really hoping not to see Elign either. After yesterday things would be very weird.

"Wait hold up Yasmine you telling me you kissed that sexy piece of specimen of a man and didn't get down" she said over exaggerating.

"Girl my mom would've flipped" I said as we squeezed through the crowded hallway.

"She didn't have to know but anyway I got tickets to go see Bobby Brown you trying to come" she asked me.

"Yeah girl even tho I don't see what you see in him" I said honestly Bobby Brown was not the finest man in the world to me.

"Girl what you mean he sexy as fuck and he chocolate you just ain't got no taste" she said as she roses her hand up in my face.

I rolled my eyes. "Girl whatever plus he's a crack head they said his coke fell out his pocket just a couple of days ago" I said to her.

"I mean you had sex with a drug dealer who sells crack so who are you to judge", she said getting mad over her "man". It's not even that serious it's not like she's going to marry the man.

"Woooooooow okay Nikki it's not that deep girl but whatever I'll see you" I said as I walked away from her and walked to class.

As soon as I stepped into the class it got silent. That's why I hate coming late to class all the attention be drawn to you.

I spotted Aaliyah whispering and shit to her little friends who I had no care for. She hurt me the most I wonder what I ever did for her to start hating me out of nowhere.

But I guess it's true what people say about "your childhood friends changing in highschool". I began to write down the bell ringer and my mind traced over to Pac. That man would not leave my head. Why did I have to kiss him last night.

I couldn't focuse at all he would not leave my head.

*AFTER SCHOOL*

After school when I got home I spotted my mom packing her bags. What fuck.

"Moma what you doing" I stated to her.

"Girl moma's got a man now" she said doing a little dance.

"Okay so why you packing your bags" I asked her.

"Well he's taking me on vacation" she smiled.

"Soooo you just gone leave your kids to go off with some man?",I questioned her.

She cut her eyes at me.

"Look I deserve a break, I've been taking care of you and your brother every since your father died. So yes I am just gonna run off but I'll be back in like 2 weeks. Y'all can handle that hell y'all don't listen anyway" she stated with a attitude.

I heard a car horn outside and watched as my mom quickly grabbed her bags. "Come lock this door and don't let nobody in my house and  tell your brother that goes for him too" she stated as she left out the door.

I slammed the door and locked it.

"What kind of mother is she" I spoke out.

I looked at the picture of my father and sighed picked it up and sat down.

"I bet my life would be different with you here, bet you'd love me" I laughed at the picture as I try to ignore the fact that I was crying.