Chapter 20 'Ghosts'

Chapter 20 'Ghosts'

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

The room was filled with old baby decorations. There was a crib but the condition of it didn't honestly seem that bad compared to the rest of the house.

This room had to be the best out of whole house. Looking around the room I realized that this room must have been that little girls dream. If that's true than she must live in the middle of nowhere while her parents abandoned her or something.

"This must be that little girls room," I informed Blake. I didn't hear him behind me only because we were both levitating still.

There was a rocking chair next to the crib. I looked at the small stuffed puppy in the crib before I started seeing something.

A giggling little baby was sucking on their hand while their other hand clutched the stuff dog. Ghost arms appeared on the side of me and picked up the giggling baby. The baby went straight through me while the woman started laughing.

She walked over towards the rocking chair and sat in it while the little baby was still in her arms. The woman had long hair but I couldn't see her face fully. I wasn't sure what I was seeing because they both seemed to be ghost, but also real at the same time.

The baby then threw the dog in my direction and it landed right in front of my feet. The woman was about to get up until she looked up in my direction.

"Could you get that for me Elizabeth?" the woman asked me. I didn't move for a good minute until the lady rolled her eyes at me, but there was still a smile graced on her face.

"The stuffed dog won't hurt you," the lady informed me. I slowly bent down to pick up the ghostly stuffed animal.

As soon as I touched the stuffed animal I could see right through my hand. I dropped the animal and was back to my normal self while the lady and baby were still ghosts.

This time I looked at the woman while picking up the animal. The baby was giggling and laughing her head off while the mother was just looking at me. She seemed amused by my reaction to the stuffed animal.

"There is nothing to be afraid of dear child," the woman said, amused. She watched my movements carefully. There was something in her eyes, but her smile threw me off completely.

"Who are you?" I questioned her. I picked the dog up and it turned into a solid object. I gave it to the woman as she gave me a smile and it turned back to being see through and made of fog or something.

"A friend of your grandmothers, we've lived here since she left this place. She said I was allowed to live here if I wanted to," the woman explained. I was surprised that she was a friend of my grandmother.

The girl I saw in the forest came running through me. Blake appeared out of thin air and I had no idea where he was.

"Where have you been?" I questioned him.

"Sorry my oldest dragged your mate around the house, she pretended to sound like you," the woman explained. She grabbed her daughter and began rubbing her back.

Blake hugged me while I was confused with what the woman meant by the girl sounding like me.

"She misses having your grandma around, they used to play hide and seek all the time," the woman explained while smiling at her daughter and running her hand through her daughters hair.

I gave the woman a weird look. My grandma hasn't been here in years, or that's what I thought. I never really know with my grandma anymore, she confuses me way to much.