Chapter 2 'Our mate'

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

"Bye Liz, I'll pick you up right after school. Just know that your father and I both love you," My mother reminded me for the hundredth time this morning. She does this to me every morning, it gets weird when she only says it to me like ten times a day, that's weird.

I smiled at my mom and dad before asking, "I know, what about my grades?" My parents know what I mean by my grades.

"I don't really think you should, we can't take any chances with being spotted here Liz. Just keep them at an average grade, please?" My dad begged me. I smiled at him trying to beg, but I knew what he was telling me was the truth.

"I will, don't worry," I finished. I kissed both of my parents then got out of their car. We always made sure to talk low enough so no one could hear us, specifically, the werewolves.

Right as I closed the door to the car, I had two arms thrown around me. I quickly grabbed the two arms and threw the person right over my shoulder without thinking. Since I was surprised that this happened to me, my eyes changed to Chrysolite, or in other words, a green sky color.

Fudge! It was Emily who I just threw over my shoulder! I'm so stupid! I've been so defensive since I was three, no one has ever tried to hug me before, besides my family. I could tell that my eyes then changed to fire agate, a green/copper color. Stupid eye changing colors! Can't you just stay one stinking color?

"Emily, I'm so sorry, are you alright?" I asked her while rushing to her side. Since she was a werewolf I really shouldn't have hurt her that much. Then Emily started laughing a little. While I could tell her mate was glaring at me.

"Yea, don't worry about it Elizabeth. I've had worst and you've been practicing since yesterday in gym. You should do good today in dodge ball," Emily replied while getting up. Then her mate ran to her side, along with someone else.

"Em, are you alright?" Both of the boys asked at the same time.

"I'm alright Rick," She then turned to the other boy, "Blake, this is my friend Elizabeth, Elizabeth, this is my twin brother Blake," Emily introduced.

Blake looked right into my eyes and all I could really see was confusion, happiness, and... love and lust? What in the world am I seeing in his eyes? Oh wait! Shoot! Eyes! I quickly broke my gaze before my eyes could change back to aquamarine, blue-green, for relaxed and calm.

"Um, I have to go Emily. I'll see you in gym class. It was nice meeting you Rick and Blake," I said before running into the school. I wasn't afraid, I just didn't want to hurt anyone else. Who knows what could have happened next if I didn't leave. I then felt guilty for what I did, which made my eyes change to a fire opal, or orange color.

After running to my locker I made my way to the girls' locker room. I got changed into the school's black shorts and grey top. Nothing special, I just want to try and fit in. Emily caught up with me right as I was leaving the girls' locker rooms.

We took a seat on the benches that were inside the school and Rick and Blake joined me and Emily on the bench. Rick looked really worried and he kept glaring at me for a while before Emily slapped the back of his head and yelled at him threw their mind link.

'Rick! Stop it! You should know that you're glaring at your new Alpha Female, just look at Blake's reaction,' Emily said threw their mind link before turning towards Blake. Wait! Did I hear them correctly when Emily said Alpha Female?

I know what an Alpha Female is, she's mated to the Alpha of the pack. Since Blake is the soon-to-be Alpha of his pack that would make me his mate. Shoot! I can't have that! Not when I'm still being hunted down to either be used as a weapon or to be killed.