Chapter 10: Some... Alot Of Assembly Required Part 2

Your P.O.V

During me and Shiro's little training session the alarms in the Castle of Lions start to blare, rousing both me and Shiro. We look at each other then quickly rush towards the Bridge of the Castleship.

"Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking! The Castle's about to be destroyed! Go, go, go! We need Voltron now!" Allura's voice rang all through the hallways.

"Hurry! We can't survive much longer!" Allura yelled.

"Oh, no! Allura is dead! Aaaah! it's horrible! Her head fell off! Wait! What? Her severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it, Allura's head? What are your final words?" Coran yelled through the castle.

We ran quickly to the bridge on to find Allura standing with her 'severed' head still attached to her body And Coran on the floor yelling into the mic. Allura noticed us there whole Coran still continued with whatever he was doing.

"Coran..." Allura called out to the mustached man. "Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening." Coran said while all the paladins except the blue eyed one entered.

"It's over." Allura tried telling him.

"Oh, I know! Uaaaagh. If only Voltron had been formed..." Coran trailed the sentence finally taking a notice that five of the six paladins have already entered the room.

"-Oh! Time!" Coran said quickly getting up from the floor. "I guess this isn't an actual attack." My brother said.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?" Allura looked at Coran. "Seventy-five degrees. Oh, sorry. No, this is a meat thermometer." Coran answered.

'How do they have a meat thermometer in space? They don't even eat meat.' I thought to myself.

"However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you!" Allura started scolding us.

"Only Shiro and Y/n is in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your Bayards? And where is Lance?" Allura asked.

The second Allura says that the door slid open revealing a yawning and well-rested Lance entering the room.

"Speak of the devil." I whispered to my brother so only he could hear.

"Good morning, everybody. What's going on?" He asks. "Coran and I have been up for hours getting the Castle back in order. We had to run a test on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed." Allura said.

"Hey!" Hunk yawns then continues. "You got to sleep for 10,000 years, man. Monday night, I was on Earth. Now, I've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird Castle. That's a lot to process in, uh... I don't know. What day is today?" Hunk asked.

"It's the third quintant of the Spicolian movement. Hump day!" Coran explained.

'What!!' I thought.

"-It's a lot to process." Hunk said skipping what Coran said. "You must understand the stakes of our mission." Allura started then brings up a map of the universe from the Castleship's computer and displays the amount of distress beacons.

Allura continues. "Over the last 10,000 years, the Castle picked up distress beacons from the following locations. So, we have to assume that Zarkon has conquered almost the entire known universe."

Then Allura moves the map to the Milky Way where it appears barely out of Zarkon's reach. "Earth is here. An attack on your planet is inevitable." She said.

"Oh no..." Hunk replied looking at the map.

"Exactly. Our mission is to free all those planets. Coran and I are getting the Castle ready to leave Arus. During that time, you have to learn to form Voltron, so we can begin fighting Zarkon."Allura said looking at the six of us.