Chapter 12: Return Of The Gladiator

Your P.O.V

We all enter the dinning hall of the Castle of Lions talking with smiles filled with happiness since today's training was a breeze.

"Great job training today, guys. We're really getting the hang of Voltron." My brother complimented us.

"Seriously, how far do you think my Lion kicked that broken alien ship? Must have been like a mile!" Lance said still talking about how his Lion's kicks are strong.

"Yeah, that'll come in handy when the Galra challenges Voltron to a soccer match." Keith said sarcastically.

"Hey, I did something cool and you can't handle it. I get it."

"Your kick ruined our balance. We fell." Keith reminded Lance.

"Well that falling part was Hunk's fault." Lance said pinning the blame on poor Hunk.

"Hey!" Hunk yelled, hurt by what Lance said.

"All right, save your energy for fighting Zarkon." Shiro said ending the conversation.

We all sit down at the table inside the dining hall just as Coran enters.
"Hello, guys! How was the Voltron workout?"

"We're getting there. Are you and Allura almost done fixing the Castle so we can leave this planet? I feel like we're sitting ducks here on Arus." Shiro asked the orange mustached man.

"Just about. In the meantime, to get your minds off those duck seats you're worried about, I made you guys an authentic ancient Paladin lunch!" The said orange mustached man responds.

Coran reveals an abomination that he he cooked up which we were all disgusted by.

"Coran, you just got me hooked on that goo and now you're switching it up?" Hunk complained. "This is packed with nutrients."Coran said.

Hunk and Coran sniffed the strange food. "Oh, it smells disgusting!" Hunk exclaimed.

"I know! That's how you know it's healthy!" Coran responded.

Out of nowhere Hunk pulled out an alien plant in hand.

"Coran, we're on a planet now with fresh herbs, spices, and... whatever this thing is. A tuber? Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head back to the kitchen and spice things up." Hunk told Coran.

"Oh you're going to cook. Can I help." I asked him since I didn't want to be near that alien food anymore.

"Oh! You know how to cook." He asked.

I was about to answer only to be stopped by Shiro and Keith answering for me. "Yes she does. She knows how to cook really well." I blushed at their compliments and looked at hunk waiting for him to answer.

"Sure. I don't mind, an extra helping hand would be nice." The yellow paladin responds to which I smile and follow him.

Hunk and I leave for the kitchen ready to prepare something out of whatever stuff we could find in the castle.

Keith's P.O.V

Lance and I sit at the other end of the table to wait for the two chefs in the castle to come out with food.

"Where's Pidge?" Shiro asks to Coran who is eating the strange Altean food.

"-He's probably checking on those... prisoners we rescued from Zarkon. They'll all be waking soon in the infirmary." Coran answers with a full mouth filled with food.

'Ew.' I thought.

Shiro stands up to leave but is stopped by the orange haired Altean offering him a spoon full of yellow nastiness.