I don't want to forget you - Connor x Reader

'Oh Connor, what have you done?'
Hank was kneeling beside dying android, his hands covered in thirium.

Heavy feeling filled the room, and the only sounds that were breaking the silence were Y/N's sobs. She hurried over to Hank, gripping to his coat. She was panting, overwhelming feeling in her chest threathening to suffocate her.

'Shh, it's gonna be okay, it's okay...' Hank's voice would calm her in almost every situation, but not this time.

Y/N didn't know exactly when she became so attached to the android, but she knew how strong their bond was.

After the first few cases they investigated, it was obvious how well they fit together. Their first investigation was the murder of Carlos Ortiz. Connor was impressed by Y/N's intelligence and  her way of drawing conclusions, considering the fact that she wasn't very experienced in that field.

Her father, Hank, was going to retire and give up the deviant case, so she wanted to continue his job from there on. The relationship between Connor and Y/N was slowly developing, but it took a dramatic turn on 6. November.

Connor walked in on Y/N desperately trying to wake unconscious Hank up. Hank was a good father, but sometimes it was really difficult to live with him. The most common reason for that is his addiction, which was also the case this time. Connor helped Y/N sober Hank and took his time to comfort her after that. He understood how hard things can be for her.

Ever since they first met, Connor would catch himself staring at Y/N from time to time, with no particular reason. It was creepy sometimes, but she didn't mind at all. Later, she happened to notice how blue his cheeks would turn everytime she complimented him, his work, or gave him any kind of attention.

Even though Connor was CyberLife's most advanced prototype ever created, he would act weird and awkward around her, which she would find absolutely adorable if it wasn't dangerous for him. If anybody found out about that he would be deactivated and replaced for showing signs of deviancy. And if that happened, he'd be reset. Everything they had would fade, like it never existed.

Every time Y/N smiled, Connor's software instability would grow. He didn't pay much attention to it until that day.

They left Hank in the bathroom to clean himself up and gave him some time to sober before joining them in investigating murder case in Eden's club. When they got into the car, Y/N let out a deep sigh.

'Are you okay?' Connor asked, honestly worried for Y/N. His LED turned yellow due to his concern.

'Yeah, it's just... All this is too much for me sometimes, it's like I'm taking care of a child. My dad can be so irresponsible sometimes, and unlike you, I don't always know what I'm supposed to do.' Y/N smiled.

'Oh.' Connor said, 'well, at least I can promise that I'll always be there to help you as much as I can. You can count on me, Y/N.'

And then it happened.

'I know. Thank you. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without you.' She moved forward to hug Connor and placed her head on his shoulder.
Then something snapped inside of him.

Connor closed his eyes, completely leaning into the touch.  He held Y/N close and time seemed to stop. It was like in his mind palace, but 10 times better. He felt nothing except pure happiness and bliss. He relaxed, and his LED changed back to the calming blue. It felt wonderful, and if this feeling is what will get him killed, then so be it. It was worth dying.

After some time he pulled away just to kiss the tip of Y/N's nose, receiving a giggle from her. That little laugh felt like a sound from heaven.

                     ●        ●         ●       ●

Connor was badly damaged and including him, Y/N and Hank got caught in fire after the incident with two Tracis who escaped. The place was falling apart.

'C'mon, we need to go' Hank sighed, getting up.

'No, no, we can't leave him like this!' Y/N was shaking, still in a state of shock.

'Listen, we can't do anything for him now, everything we gotta do is run before we get ourselves killed too. He'll be back anyways, but we - we won't have a second chance.'

'Dad, no, you don't understand-'

'This is not up for debate!' Hank grabbed Y/N's hand and rushed to the exit.

'Connor, please, remember me' Y/N whispered, finally accepting the situation - Hank lost his son, he isn't going to allow himself to lose his only daughter too, no matter what.

'Y-Y/N' Connor's weak and broken voice tore her heart apart. 'I won't forget you. I won't forget how you made me feel.' That was the last thing Y/N heard before she got dragged out of the hellhole.

Connor was left for dead, but he couldn't give up now. He made a promise, and he couldn't let Y/N down this time.

Thank you.
Stand up.

I don't know what I'd do without you.
Step forward.

Please, remember me.
Another step forward.

                  ●        ●           ●          ●

An hour passed and Y/N hasn't said a word. She just kept staring at the same spot, not knowing what to do. Her eyes were blank, reflecting her soul. It all happened so fast - he didn't even have time to enjoy the feeling he just discovered. Y/N was dying inside with each passing moment until she heard the door open. Her heart skipped a beat when she noticed a familiar figure standing there.

'Connor?' Her eyes lit up, shining like never before.
'Is that really you?'

He was standing there, covered in blue blood and wounded, but alive.

She ran up to him, pulling him into a hug. She put her head on his chest,feeling his heartbeat.

'Y/N, you're the best thing to ever happen to me. I am here because of you, thank you for this warm feeling that's keeping me alive.'

Y/N placed a gentle kiss on Connor's lips.

'You're welcome.'