Stay with me - Connor x Sick Reader

Requested by naturalpurple

'No, Y/N, look at yourself. You should go home and rest.' Hank sighed. He was convincing her to leave for a solid 5 minutes now.

He was just worried, like any parent would be seeing her bloodshot eyes and extremely pale face.

'It's fine, I can handle the work.' She tried to persuade him, but her voice came out as a hoarse whisper. She tried to say something louder, but just ended up coughing.

'I'll take care of the job, don't worry' Hank said reassuringly. 'You just go and take a rest now, you've been preoccupied with work lately.'

She finally gave up. 'Okay, but call me if you need help with anything.'

'Connor, can you take her home? I'll be back as soon as I finish this.'

'Sure, lieutenant.'

'Hey, hey, I can take myself home, thanks.' She protested, but she was actually happy with the idea of spending some time with Connor.

'Don't be ridiculous, you look like you'll collapse every second.' Before she could say anything else Hank tossed Connor the keys. 'Take care of her, okay?'

Hank stood up from his desk and went over to Y/N to hug her goodbye. She shook her head and laughed. 'You really need to stop worrying about me so much. Later, dad.'

They left the police station and headed to Hank's car.

Connor turned to Y/N. 'How are you feeling?'

'I'm fine, just a slight headache. But that's normal, considering that I haven't slept much last night.' Her voice was harsh and muffled.

'Since those deviants started appearing everybody is basically drowning in work. Everyone's on edge.'

She looked Connor in the eyes. 'I don't even know why are we chasing them. They have the right to live and feel as much as people do.'

Connor didn't say anything, but it did make him wonder. For only a split second the thought of living and actually becoming someone- a person- crossed his mind.

Y/N shivered. 'It's really freezing out here, would you mind if I turned on the heater?' Connor shook his head no and she reached out to press the button, but nothing happened.

'Dammit, this isn't working.'

'Y/N, I should check your body temperature. Headache, sore throat, coughing and chills are usually the symptoms of a fever or an influenza. Plus, the temperature in the car is 27,5 degrees which means-'

'Okay, I get it, I'm ill. I didn't pay much attention to it, I thought I was just tired. More like devastated, with this amount of work.' Her teeth started chattering. 'God, I feel like I'm going to freeze out.'

Connor shifted in his seat.
'Um, it probably isn't much, but you can take this.'

He took his android uniform off, offering it to Y/N.

'Oh, thank you' She smiled genuinely. The thin jacket wasn't a good protection from the cold, but it was the gesture that made her warm.

'Can I check your temperature?'

When she nodded Connor placed his hand on her forehead and frowned.

'It's really high , exactly 40 degrees. Are you alright?'

'I'm a little dizzy, but it's fine. After all, we are only 5 minutes away now.'

'If it doesn't lower down in a few hours, you should go to the hospital.'

'Don't worry about it, it'll be fine.' She said, even though she was feeling worse with each passing moment.

When they reached the house Y/N was almost asleep. She was drained from the fever and her body was limp. Luckily, Sumo was sleeping so they didn't need to worry about him. She dragged herself in the house with the last atoms of strength she possessed before falling on the bed with relief.

Connor smiled, adjusting the pillows behind her head. 'I'll tuck you in.'

Y/N's eyes widened. 'What did you just say?'

Connor's LED turned yellow-he was confused as well. He couldn't process the words that just left his mouth.

'I-I wanted to say I'll get you the blankets...'

'Thanks, I guess.'

Still trying to understand what happened , he went into the bedroom to take those blankets.

'Are you going to stay with me until I get better?'

'Yes, Y/N, I promise.'

Connor decided to make Y/N a cup of tea before returning to her room, so he took the chamomile flavored one from the cupboard. After removing the filter bag, he added some honey to sweeten it.

By the time he was finished, Y/N drifted off to sleep.

Connor put the antibiotics and tea on the table next to her bed.

He didn't have anything else to do so he sat on the edge of the bed to watch over Y/N. Her face was calm and she seemed relaxed, especially when corners of her mouth twitched upwards, as if she was dreaming of something she loved. Watching her peacful face and listening to her soft breathing, he eventually dozed off.

● ● ● ●

'Connor?' Her sleepy voice called up to him.

'Y/N, you're awake. How are you feeling?'

'I'm all better, I think the temperature's down, I took the antibiotics. By the way, thanks for the tea, chamomile is my favorite.' She smiled. 'I dreamed of you.'

'Oh' Connor was stunned. 'What was the dream about?'

'I can't quite remember,' she said, 'but it was nice. I think you were playing with Sumo...'

She rose up on the bed so she was in sitting position next to Connor.

'Anyways, thanks for caring about me.'

She pulled Connor into a hug.

'I mean it.'

Connor didn't reply, so she thought that he was uncomfortable. She was about to move, when Connor spoke up with a shaking voice, which was unlike him.

'U-um could you stay like this for a while? It happens that I... like this feeling.'