Let go - RK900 x Reader

Requested by Guns_Roses205 hope you enjoy♡      

One month passed after the revolution, and Detroit became quiet once more. People couldn't accept androids as a new living species, and most of the deviants were destroyed or kept for experiments. CyberLife had to find the reason behind deviancy if they wanted to continue selling androids.

Of course, androids in Detroit police were checked for any signs of virus, and every android that was clean continued to work normally. RK800 was deactivated, being replaced by the stronger version of himself - RK900. Deviants were still hiding all over the city, so RK900 had a lot of job to do.

Accepting the fact that Connor was replaced was really hard for Hank and Y/N. They were the only people close to him, and depression caused by the loss overtook them. Hank was already vulnerable after losing his son, and even though a lot of time passed, scars always stay. Losing Connor was like losing his second son.

Y/N missed their investigations and all the happy moments they shared together, especially after Connor became a deviant. Her world wasn't so black when she was with him, it was like her problems just faded away when they were together. Her dull mood always disappeared when he was around.

She knew that Connor was gone and it was time for her to move on. But she wasn't sure that she could do that yet.

       ●            ●            ●           ●              ●

The day she wanted to avoid arrived shortly. Today, she's going to meet RK900 with Hank. She wasn't extremely happy about it, but it had to be done. She just wanted to get that over with.

Hank and Y/N hugged before entering the police station.

'Hey, how are you feeling?' Y/N asked Hank.

Hank wasn't in the best mood either, but smiled anyways.

'I'm good, don't worry 'bout it.'

The walk through the hallway seemed to be so long when she was lost in her thoughts. In what seems like ten minutes, they reached their destination.

'Well, here goes nothing.' She opened the door of their office.

One of CyberLife's people was standing next to the android, presumably sent to bring and introduce him to his new partners.

Y/N lowered her gaze when she noticed android's looks. He looked like Connor so much, but it wasn't him. It will be hard to be around him everyday knowing that it's not her Connor - alive Connor with feelings.

'We are proud to announce you our improved,most advanced prototype by far. RK900 - stronger and smarter than its previous version, equiped with our newest technology. Its skills and knowledge are expanded for the sake of better investigation.'

'That's nice.' Hank mumbled, obviously not interested.

'Does he have a name?' Y/N asked. She wanted to treat him like a person, like she treated Connor before.

'No,although you can modify it however you desire.'

'Okay. What about... Conan?' She looked at Hank.

'Fine by me.' He shrugged off.

'RK900, identify yourself.'

'Hello, my name is Conan. I'm the android sent by CyberLife.'

Goddamn it. He even sounds like Connor.

The guy from the CyberLife spoke up. 'If you don't have any questions, I'll be on my way.'