Kara x Female Reader

Y/N, along with Kara, managed to escape Todd's house a long time ago. Now, it was raining and she was reminded of the night when everything changed. The night that meant a new beginning. Pictures of that stormy evening flashed before her eyes as she allowed herself to sink into the memory again.

Y/N was Todd's cousin, but they weren't really close. They barely saw each other-once or twice a year at most, which changed three months ago, when Y/N's house burned down and she had to find a place to stay. She moved in Todd's house, having no better solution than that because he was the only family she got. She didn't want to go there, but she had no other choice. Todd was fine until Kara returned. Then, his hatred for androids took over him and he started acting horrible again, drinking too much and turning violent more than often.

Y/N was also there the first time Todd bought Kara. She was there when he abused her, and she would feel sick everytime knowing that she couldn't do anything  but watch because she would get paralyzed by fear. Even though she was scared, one day she knew that couldn't stand that anymore. It wasn't fair - Kara couldn't defend herself because she was programmed just to obey.  Y/N got so mad once that her vision went red. She couldn't remember what exactly happened that day except that she knocked Todd out with one strong hit.

However, she was deeply disturbed when later that week he damaged Kara so bad that she had to be sent to reparation. She hated Todd for it, and she couldn't speak normally with him since then. The thing that hurt her the most was he fact that she wasn't there to save Kara.

She was sad even when Kara got back. Knowing that her memories were deleted and restored, Y/N accepted that the good android wouldn't remember her. But, Kara's gaze was always so warm and soft when she watched Y/N, and she caught a glimpse of familiar, moony glow in her eyes. The way she acted made Y/N believe that Kara didn't actually forget everything.

That was partly true, because Y/N's face was familiar to Kara. She couldn't find Y/N anywhere in her memory, but she had a strange feeling she's seen her somewhere before.

Later, Kara started having small but noticeable changes in her program. She was always kind to Y/N, but not just because she was programmed to be that way. She actually wanted her to be happy and did everything to make her comfortable as much as possible.

She didn't know what that was, but she noticed that her heart started beating faster when Y/N was around. She enjoyed her company and felt calm in her presence. It was almost like Y/N filled the empty space in Kara - the empty space caused by not feeling anything for a long time. None of that was usual for an android.

That strange feeling wouldn't leave Kara and she had to talk to Y/N about it. It worried her, because she didn't understand it at all.

One day, Alice and Todd left the house and Kara saw that as a right moment to talk to Y/N. She decided to make her favorite food, hoping that a small surprise would make her happy. After she served the dish, she decorated the table a little - nothing special, but a detail to cheer Y/N up. When everything was done, she sat on the chair and patiently waited for her.

Kara didn't have to wait long - she showed up only five minutes later.

She stood up and smiled.
'Welcome home, Y/N.'

Kara chuckled when she saw her surprised face.

'You're the best, Kara. I'm starving.' A smile formed on her features as well.

She sat down next to Kara.

'Please, enjoy your meal.'

'Thanks.' She said and took the first bite, when she remembered to ask Kara something.