Chapter 2 [Midoriya]

Midoriya P.o.V

I wiped the beads of sweat that had formed on my forehead. It had been a long time since I sweat this much from a house cleaning. Mom tend to keep everything clean in my house leaving only my own room to clean myself.

I heard a loud sigh from outside. "I totally thought All Might is a tidy person!" Kirishima shouted as he pulled tall weeds on the court yard. "How about inside, Midoriya?"

I laughed dryly. "At least we could already sleep inside tonight I think," I shouted back to him. I looked around. After sweeping all morning and using a bit magic to get most of the bugs outside, All Might's house had been a bit more decent to live in. My body shuddered remembering its condition when we arrived yesterday evening. The roof was still intact but the inside was like it had been attacked by some storm. And also all the little crawling bugs here and there making both me and Kirishima agreed to just camped outside.

"Whoah! You clean like magic, Midoriya!" Kirishima sudden comment shocked me back to reality. His red hair was drenched with sweat, but Kirishima was still his cheerful self. And that alone had brightened up my heart. It was hard to admit it, but even if a week hasn't passed I already missed everybody.

This is harder than I thought it would be...

"Don't give up, Deku kun!"

"O-okay, Ura-" My mouth dried up immediately. What was I thinking? They wouldn't be with me anymore. I was the one who chose this path.

The path of no connections nor bonds.

"Hey, Midoriya," Kirishima called out to me. "You alright? Your face color doesn't look good."

"M-maybe I'm just a bit tired from all this cleaning," I lied to my only companion.

Kirishima looked at me some more seconds. Worry was clear on his eyes. Then suddenly he walked outside for a bit and came back with a glass of water. "Just sit and drink this for now," he commanded. "And also no more magic. Safe it for more important thing," he added quickly.

I laughed. "You are such a worry wart, Kirishima," I scoffed. "But thanks."

"No worry, Midoriya. You can always count on me!" Kirishima grinned widely before he walked outside, once again continuing his gardening task.

He didn't deserve this. Why did I bring him with me to path of doom?

I walked slowly outside. The sun was shining brightly. Usually at a great sunny day like this I could always hear both Kacchan and Kirishima playful bickering from their yard.

I had robbed him from that privilege too.

"Kirishima," I called out to him.

The red hair looked at me, his hands stopped from pulling the weeds. "What's wrong, Midoriya?"

Should I tell him to go back? Would I be able to keep going if Kirishima left me?

"I'm sorry." I could only mutter that one sentence. It was even just a bit louder that a whisper. I was such a coward.

Kirishima stood up and walked toward me. In the next second, he had given me a warm big hug. "You were the only one who reached out your hand for me at that time. I'm me now only because of you, Midoriya." His big hand patted my head gently. "Don't apologize anymore. This is my choice."

"But, Kacchan..."

Kirishima shused me up. "I believe in you Midoriya, and I also believe in Bakugou," he started. "If we are meant to be we will encounter each other again one day."