Chapter 6 [Todoroki]

Todoroki P.o.V

"Did you call us, Todo sama?"

Before me stood 3 strongest were wolves from our pack.

Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, and Tokoyami.

It was only some more hours before our usual hunting begun, but I called them at the last minute. The information I just got this morning was bugging me and I needed to investigate it further. Especially about that 'Nomu'.

Inside my tent, I explained to my friends about the bits of information I got, though of course I didn't tell them about what that human 'Midoriya' had done to me. Yaoyorozu expression changed several times, while Tokoyami just stared blankly at me. Kaminari just looked plainly confuse.

"So, are you suggesting for us to search more about this 'Nomu', Todoroki sama?" Tokoyami asked after I finished my explaination. I only nodded.

The three of them fell silent. I didn't expect them to go with my plan that easily. I stood up from my seat and walked slowly toward my door. "I will still investigate about it, whether the three of you decide to go with me," I paused for a bit to take some air for my lung and to calm myself down, "or not."

I walked slowly outside my tent, expecting none of them to follow me. But there they were. Kaminari was the first one to catch up to my pace. He grinned to me. "Of course, I won't miss something this interesting," the golden wolf said.

"We will protect you, Todoroki sama," Tokoyami joined in.

Yaoyorozu seemed hesitant, but not long she had decided to follow her friends' step. "Jirou should be able to lead the hunt tonight," she said though anxiety was still clear in her tone.

I sighed, though I was thankful to them secretly.

The moon was shining brightly and gave me more mana than usual. It was not full moon tonight, but with that much mana I would be able to maintain an almost perfect human form. That should be enough disguise to sneak into the human village and search for information.

The other 3 followed my lead and shifted into their human form. Thankfully with our magic it wasn't hard to make clothes too.

We walked half the way to the village. I think they called it Hosu village. It wasn't even bigger than our pack territory. The sun had just set around 2 hours ago, but the village's atmosphere was too quiet even for that time of the night. I couldn't even see any villager outside their house, and even the houses lighting were dim. Like the villagers tried to hide themselves from something.

We walked in silence. I didn't even need to tell the others to keep their guard up in this kind of situation.

The sound of snapping twig immediately caught our attention. I gathered up mana around my palm preparing to attack. The other 3 hunters were on their fighting stance.

We stayed silent while keeping our sight and hearing on alert to the intruder. My heart beat faster and faster, but somehow there was something familiar and calming tugging my heart.

The thick bushes in front of us moved for a bit until someone familiar came out of it. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath until I sighed in relief. I turned to Yaoyorozu and gave her a signal that everything was alright.

"Who are you? What are you doing out here?" Midoriya's question made me turned my attention back to him. I cocked my head and then realized that the one he had met this morning was my wolf form.

I cleared my throat. "I'm Shouto and this are my companion." I pointed at the 3 besides me. "We were lost at the woods and when we finally find a village we can't really find anyone here."

Midoriya looked like he was trying to assess the information he just got. Hopefully my made up story was believable enough. The green haired boy walked closer to me. I didn't know what was in Midoriya's mind, but I could feel the increasing intensity from Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami and Kaminari. I growled lowly, threatening them from attacking the innocent boy.

"I'm Midoriya Izuku," the green boy suddenly said catching me in surprise. "It's great to meet you Shouto-kun, " he continued, still beaming me with his beautiful smile, "and also your companion!"

Midoriya took my hand and started dragging me. "If you need a place to stay, you and your friend can stay with me and Kirishima," he said. "I stay there!" He pointed at a small house not far from where we were. I looked back and saw that my hunters were as surprised and confused as me. His offer was tempting, but I knew better what kind of commotion would happen if we prolong our stay in human's territory.

I looked down at where our hands were intertwining, if I could I really want to stay like that. But nothing good happened when we followed our heart too much. I pulled my hand from his grasp. The lost of warmth was still painful like this morning, and I could swear I saw sadness in his eyes.

"Todoroki sama?"

I turned back, and saw Tokoyami's worried expression. I didn't know what had happened to me. But even without them stating it to me, I knew I had acted out of my usual character. And that was not good.

"Is something wrong, Shouto-kun?" Midoriya asked. I turned back to face him. Everytime I saw that dark green sparkling eyes, my body was tingling and there was this strange yet familiar warmth in my body. But I shrugged all that feeling off.

"I'm sorry, Midoriya. Actually we are in kind of a hurry so we can't stay the night," I tried to explain to him. Once again I could swear, his beautiful green eyes were clouded with sadness. He looked down at his left hand and toward mine before looking down. Strangely this was making my chest stung. The last time I checked, I didn't have any chest problem. What was this suffocating feeling?

I couldn't take the silence and beside we still hadn't got the information we needed.

"Though, there is something we want to ask you... We are actually searching for something," I started. This got me back the green haired boy's attention. His eyes lit up.

Once again he took my left hands. "Then let's talk more in my place!"

This time I let him dragged me. Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, and Tokoyami followed us in silence. I wouldn't even be able to get angry if they laughed at how Midoriya was treating me right now.

"By the way, Shouto-kun," Midoriya started. If I were still in my wolf form, I think I would have my ears perked up everytime Midoriya called my name.

"Yes?"

"What are you searching for?" he asked. "If you don't mind me asking."

I hesitated a bit then I shook my head. "It's okay," I replied to him. "We are actually searching about Nomu."

A.N.:

Hi, guys!

Firstly, I want to apologize since I can't catch up my "1 chapter update every week" last week. I got a job as an L.O. for international speaker and I was sick after that and immediately after that my college holiday had also ended. Though, I still feel really guilty. And this week update once again late for a day... :'D

I know not many people read this, but I'm really grateful for those who read this story of mine. It may be slow, but hopefully you guys will still stay and read this. Critique and comments will be really helpful though...>< Do you guys like the length for each chapter (1000++ something words for each chapter) or do you want it to be longer?

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and see you guys in the next chapter!

-Meli