Chapter 5 [Midoriya]

Midoriya P.o.V

Sometime things happened in the way that you never ever expected it.

***

It didn't take us that long to arrive at Hosu village with how fast Kirishima could fast travel from one point of space to the other. And just as I expected it, the situation was already not good by the time we arrived. It was faint, but I could sense the darkness mana even when the sun was still high up.

"The air is bad here," Kirishima commented as he tried to cover his nose. Even the foul smell of the miasma started to get to me. And I just had a little bit better sense for mana. For someone with high sensitivity toward mana like Kirishima, this must be torture.

I looked around. Even with the thick darkness miasma in the air, it was hard to directly pinpoint where the source of the darkness.

"Can you try to talk with the villager, Kirishima?" I asked my red hair companion. " And search around for our lodging tonight. I think the real investigation will only start at night. I will try to look around at the forest."

Kirishima frowned after hearing my plan but he agreed in the end. "Make sure this investigation worth all the stink," he grumbled before walking away.

I grinned. Kacchan's characteristic had kinda rubbed off to the world traveler. "Yosh. Now I have to work too." Slowly and surely I walked toward the forest.

As I walked around, nothing was really strange except for the thick darkness miasma. I tried to ask the forest spirits, but seemed like none of them knew about Nomu or even the source of the miasma.

I looked up, the sun was shining brightly. For most of the human that couldn't sense the mana, this was just any normal day. "Just who is behind this?" I mumbled before walking some more.

The bored forest spirit had started playing with my hair and clothes. It wasn't doing me any harm, but with how ticklish I was it made me unable to walk further. I stopped and let the forest spirits did what they wanted.

Despite the thick black mana, the calm forest ambience was great for mana training. I stretched out my arm and then closed my eyes. Slowly I focused all my sense toward only my sixth sense and let my mana flew out. Warm feeling engulfed me. Without even seeing it myself, I could sense the golden mana that flew around me.

Mana.

100 years ago, suddenly that very existence appeared. It granted whomever loved by it with great strength. Since then many nature spirits appeared. Some were small and unharmful like the forest spirit. The other are more dangerous, like the beast and the were animal.

The human wasn't excluded from the gift. Even it wasn't exaggerating to say that Mana evolved the human's life.

Most were granted with enough Mana to survive in the harsh world and performing most of the daily activity. Some were granted with more Mana to protect the other human from vicious and hideous creature and earned the "Mage" title.

And there was always one whom the Mana loved the most. The "One for All Mage". With the Golden Mana, One for All Mage protect all humanity while maintaining the balance of the world.

They were the strongest, yet the one with the most fleeting life.

And then, there was me. Once, a being that didn't get the slightest attention from the Mana. A human that always lived his life dreaming to be a great Mage that protect the people. A being that got his very dream crushed cruelly by the destiny itself.

Well, until that day. That very moment that changed the direction of my destiny. That moved my still feet and let me ran toward my dream.
The day that I met All Might.

My train of thought was stopped by a rustling sound from the bushes. I turned toward it and found the most beautiful creature in my life.

A wolf with bright colored fur was once told to be a special creature with high affinity toward Mana. All Might once introduced me with his werewolf friend, the elder Gran Torino, with a bright golden fur. But this wolf was even more stunning than the elder wolf.

The right side was silver just like snow, while the left side was fiery red just like the embodiment of the fire. That fur coated a strong bodyline that moved elegantly. And if that wasn't stunning enough, it even had a pair of beautiful bichromatic eyes. Warm brown on the right side and icy blue on the left side.

I could feel like my breath was taken by the very creature in front of me.

And what was even more shocking was the fact that my red string was connected toward the werewolf.

"How?" I mumbled as I looked at my left hand.

I didn't expect to ever find my fated mate. And even for them to be this graceful creature. I wanted to run away, I knew that was the best option for both of us.

But deep down. Deep, deep down at the bottom of my heart, I was really happy. The joy to find my other half. The joy of knowing that I still had a precious special someone in my life. And...

I shook my head and looked once again at the wolf. It was looking at me worriedly. "Just once," I convinced myself, "I won't ever meet him anymore after this..."

After compromising with myself, I decided to approach the wolf. At close it was even more beautiful and stunning. I could feel my nerve built up and some heat on my cheek as it looked me straight at my eyes.

Once, All Might told him that werewolf would never let their head to be pet. But, my urge to touch the wolf was unbearable. I dared myself and reached out toward the wolf's head. I was waiting for it to attack me, but instead I was welcomed by the soft and warm sensation of its fur.

"You are unusually tame for a wolf," I blurted out before being able to think of the consequences. But thankfully, it let me pet him more.

That was the moment of bliss that I would never forget all my life. If I could, I really wanted to stay just like that.

But I knew...

More than anything I knew...

That the Mana was really jealous ones. For the one they loved the most, they gave the most shortest span of time.

None had ever passed the age of 20.

And none had ever lived long enough to make a family.

A.N.:

Hi, guys! I think I will change the update time from Saturday to Sunday. But don't worry you will still always get a new chapter each week (excluding if I have tests week)

Since I get a feedback that the world and the magic system is kinda confusing so I try to give more information about it in this side chapter...

This time I explain more about the Mana... I kinda get some inspiration from Magi's Rukh and combined with the quirk system in BNHA. And this is what I get... if you have any more question you can ask me here... :D

Next chapter will be the continuation from the last situation, and maybe there will be more action... (?) Hopefully...😂😂

If you have any feedback or critique, I'll be super happy to hear it from you!

So, hope you guys enjoy this chapter and see you in the next one!
-Meli