Chapter 7 [Midoriya]

Midoriya P.o.V

My mom always told me that I have a bad habit of picking up things that I like. Well. That habit of mine was still running strong in my vein.

When I took the 3 strangers I found wandering around late at night to our lodging house, Kirishima wasn't all that happy about it. He was glaring a bit and was about to scold me.

At least until he realized a particular red string.

"What?!" Kirishima exclaimed as he looked at me. It was clear on his face. He wanted to know how I met my fated mate.

I could feel my cheek burning up. To be honest, I still couldn't believe it. And to make things even more complicated, my heart was beating like crazy everytime Shouto kun was near. His pretty eyes, his face, his build, everything about him was just unfairly perfect.

And also the fact that my fated mate was indeed a legendary werewolf. It was miracle that I could meet him again after that one coincidental meeting. I remembered how All Might told me that meeting even a werewolf was considered a lucky thing with how perfect they hid themselves from the human.

Maybe that fact was also the reason I approached him.

If I wouldn't meet him anymore, at least this much was still alright, right? At least this would add to the memory that I would treasure for life time.

"Midoriya?"

Shouto's word brought me back to reality. I looked at the 4 of them. They were currently sitting at the opposite side of the table, each with a cup of hot coffee Kirishima had made.

"Oh, yeah, sorry, Shouto kun. This is my friend, Kirishima," I introduced my red head companion.

"Hi!" Kirishima greeted them with a big smile of his.

"Nice to meet you, Kirishima. I'm Shouto. And these 3 are my companion," Shouto said pointing at his friends. "Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, and Kaminari."

Yaoyorozu, the only girl in their group, stood up and bowed. Tokoyami, the boy with jet black hair, bowed his head slightly, while Kaminari, the blonde boy, gave us a huge grin.

I didn't even need to see their mana to know that the 4 of them weren't just a regular human. For sure, with their appearance they passed as a normal human. But the aura they emitted felt mysterious yet graceful. And absolutely screaming something not human.

"About the nomu..."

I looked around to see the source of the voice. Shouto and his companion looked at me expectantly.

That particular gaze wasn't good for my heart.

Kirishima was the one to break the awkward silence.

"How do you know about the nomu?" he asked.

Our guests looked at each other for a while. Tense were plain especially on Shouto's companions' face.

"Uhm... Kirishima kun, maybe we can talk about this later..." I tried to convince my red haired friend.

"No. This is important, Midoriya," Kirishima insisted. "What are the legendary werewolves planning to do in a human's village like this?"

My eyes widened in shock. I knew Kirishima must be able to distinguish the origin of our guests. But I didn't know he would be this direct about it. "Kirishima!" I stood up from my seat.

"No, it's okay, Midoriya."

I turned to look at Shouto who had stood up from his seat too.

"Allow me to explain, Kirishima san," Shouto said in a very calm voice. "My name is Todoroki Shouto. I'm the current leader of our pack and our territory isn't that far from this village.