Chapter 4 [Todoroki]

Todoroki P.o.V

Our kind wasn't that many in number. We tend to hide and keep our presence low. It wasn't like we are weak or afraid. It was the total opposite. As a werewolf pack, we were even a lot stronger than the usual human mage. We could even fight on the same level as the legendary One for All mage in the night of full moon.

We used to live side by side with the human. But it was always in human blood to kill whatever felt like a threat to them.

And to avoid any unnecessary bloodshed, we chose to stay away from human.

Now, to human, werewolf was only one of their bedtime story. One that scares children to sleep. I particularly didn't care what they said about us so long they didn't disturb our peace.

I walked around a bit more to make sure that the area where our pack stayed, for now, was safe. It was part of my night round. Better to be safe rather than regretting it later.

"Todo sama."

My ears perked up hearing one of the hunters in our pack called out to me. I turned around just to see a jet black wolf, Yaoyorozu.

"Is something wrong, Yaoyorozu?" I asked her. It was unusual to see her at this hour. The hunter should be out hunting right around this hour of the night.

She shook her head. "No, nothing is wrong, Todo sama. Both Kaminari and Tokoyami are out leading the hunting tonight."

I looked at her for another minute. A silent question shared between us.

Why was she here now then?

I heard her sigh. Yaoyorozu asked for a permission to walk with me on my round. The moment I let her, she walked quietly beside me.

We didn't talk at all until after we were at the further side of our territory.

"Todo sama, actually Aizawa sama said something this evening," she started.

"Another prophecy?" I urged her to continue. Sometimes her random hesitation like this ticked me off.

"Yeah."

My stare at her became more intense when she didn't immediately tell me what the prophecy was. How long did she want to prolong this talk?

"I will ask Aizawa elder after this," I said after seeing that she wouldn't tell me. "Thank you, Yaoyorozu. You can go back with the other hunter."

She bowed her head before leaping to the forest. Her jet black hair danced with the night breeze. That was tempting, to just leap into the darkness of the forest and pursue our prey. But that had to wait. The thing that Yaoyorozu had told me just now was bugging my mind. I wouldn't be able to focus on hunting with this kind of mindset.

"Hopefully elder Aizawa isn't seeping," I mumbled remembering how hard it was to wake the elder werewolf.

I walked back toward our territory, some children werewolves were playing with each other while older werewolves were bustling here and there with their own business. Some stopped their activities when they saw me passed and bowed to me. It was hard to imagine this kind of peaceful atmosphere around 10 years ago when the All for One priest lead human to attack us and started the werewolf hunting period in human history. Endeavor, my father, was the one leading the pack at that time. He was about to start a full-scale attack on human, but thankfully a One for All Mage was there to stop him and negotiate with our pack to stop unnecessary bloodshed with human from a war. Good thing the pack agreed with the negotiation, though I personally knew my old man wasn't that happy with our decision at that time.