Chapter 5 [Todoroki]

Todoroki P.o.V

That night I had those nightmare once again. I thought I had became strong enough to forget that. Seemed like I overestimated myself.

I woke up with sweats all over my body. Even my dual colored fur drenched in it.

Trying to get a grip of myself once again, I decided to take a walk. Hopefully the forest breeze could make me feel better. An Alpha should never show their weakness especially in front of their pack. At least that was what my old man always told me in the past.

"Good morning, Todoroki sama."

I wiped the beads of sweat left on my face and turned around. Tokoyami bowed right at the entrance of my tent. When I gave him the permission to go inside, he gracefully walked toward me but stopped right around 1 meter in front of me. Tokoyami was one of the werewolf in my pack that still preserved the old sophisticated tradition.

"What's wrong, Tokoyami?" I asked after I told him for the umpteenth time to just relax around me. It wasn't like being the Alpha abruptly made me different from the other werewolf. I just hate this old tradition that treat the Alpha werewolf like a godly being. Though, I think my old man once again had different opinion about it.

"At the hunt last night, we found a strange movement at south of the pack territory," he started. I nodded my head as a gesture to let him continue.

"We couldn't see it clearly, because it moved so fast." Even just for a bit, I could see anxiety in the jet black wolf expression. "Even dark shadow said that it felt like the darkness itself appeared last night," he continued.

Hearing the "darkness" word reminded me of elder Aizawa's prophecy. It could just be coincidence, but my instinct told me something was wrong.

"Okay, I will investigate it," I told him. He was about to argue with me but I cut him short and immediately ran toward the forest to the south. If I remembered it correctly there should be a small village at that part of the forest.

I ran as quietly as I could while trying to take the situation around me. The forest was unusually quiet this morning. And somehow the leaves shade left a darker shadow than usual. I slowed down and looked around me. Everything was just too quiet. I was about to run again when suddenly I heard a rustling sound.

My body tensed up. Tokoyami said that there was a figure like the darkness itself. Nothing much I could get from that kind of information. But that didn't exclude the possibility of it to be harm. I walked as slowly and quietly as I could and peeked through the thick bushes.

What I saw that day was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my entire life.

His green hair was flowing from the forest soft breeze. The sunlight bathed on his fair white skin. The forest and light spirits were flying and playing around him. His green eyes were twinkling brightly putting the stars at night sky in shame. His golden mana was swirling around him mixing with the other mana from the nature, like he was the one most love by the mana.

If there was a perfect thing in this world, I was looking at it right now.

I didn't even realize I had moved and made my presence known by the heavenly creature.

I flinched and was about to run away, but when our eyes met I felt like nothing anymore matter in this world.

He was the one to move. Slowly but surely he walked closer to me. If it was the usual situation, I would immediately run away from the sight of a human. But I didn't know why, my heart told me to stay.

I let him came close enough that I could see the freckles on his cheek clearly. For a moment he looked down toward his left hand and then he turned his attention back to me. "How?" he mumbled.

I tilted my head not knowing what to answer him.

He crouched so we were on the same eye level. With this close distance, I could see how even more beautiful his green eyes were. He raised his left hand and slowly reached out toward my head. Petting the head of werewolf was a gesture permitted for their mate only, aside from that it was a big insult for the werewolf. I usually would bit whoever it was until they couldn't feel their hands anymore. But once again, I let him do it.

His hand was calming. And I didn't even know since when I had moved toward his touch. It was just like mother's touch when I was just a mere child.

"You are unusually tame for a wolf," he said with a hint of happiness in it. I hate being told tame, but hearing his happy tone I didn't care about that trivial fact.

"Midoriya, where are you?" A loud shout made me jumped from the comfortable touch. The boy looked at me like he was missing the warmth when I severed our touch. Not like I wasn't feeling regret doing it too.

My nose perked up from an unfamiliar scent. My body tensed up once again from the strange scent. It was the first time I smelled something that didn't smell like the mother earth at all.

"Midoriya?"

"I'm here, Kirishima," the boy answered while standing up. At the moment he didn't put his attention at me I slipped back toward the forest shadow and hid my presence once again.

The boy turned around just right after I completely covered my presence. He looked around a couple of times. The sad and lonely looked on his eyes made me wanted to jump back out again. But the thick unfamiliar scent stopped me from doing so. I stayed still for another minutes until another human boy appeared from the other direction of the forest.

Or was it human? That unfamiliar scent was thick from the red haired boy that just appeared.

Was it the darkness figure Tokoyami mentioned? But I couldn't smell any darkness coming from him. Only that strange smell that didn't feel like it came from this world.

I decided to observe the situation a bit longer.

"What are you doing here, Midoriya?" the red haired boy asked.

The boy called Midoriya scratched the back of his head. "I'm trying to ask the forest spirit about the Nomu situation, Kirishima," he told the other boy. "But, I think they can't really see it clearly and they keep asking me to play with them."

The boy called Kirishima sighed. "I think you are getting bullied by them," he said while flicking some spirits from Midoriya's head.

The green haired boy laughed quietly. "Thank you Kirishima. Do you hear anything from the villager?"

"Nothing. I think we should search the area after the sun set. Nomu tend to appear at night after all. With the darkness and everything," the red haired boy answered.

They then walked back toward the village's direction. Quietly I walked out of my hideout and suddenly once again the green haired boy turned his back.

He reached out his hand and was about to shout something to me but I immediately leaped back toward the forest.

I ran and ran as fast as I could.

And I regreted it.

A.N.
Hi guys!^^
They finally meet though it is still a short meeting between Midoriya and wolf Todoroki.

There will be more of their moments from now on... Just wait for more TodoDeku moment! And this won't be a beastility thing so don't worry that it will go toward that direction!

I will be super happy if you give me feedback though! What do you think of the story so far??

Hopefully you guys enjoy it and see you in the next chapter!
-Meli