Chapter 3 [Midoriya]

Midoriya P.o.V

"Hey, Midoriya, have you gone out to meet someone secretly?" Kirishima's random question made me realize what fate had cruelly thrown at me. I didn't even know when my red string suddenly had been connected to someone.

But I couldn't lie that I didn't feel happy about this. All this year I had thought that I was a useless kid with no magic that even fate wouldn't let me tie to anyone.

But the reality was even crueler now.

Now that I finally got my magic only to be told that I couldn't live as long as normal people. Now that I had decided to cut all my ties, fate decided to show me that there was a pitiful soul in this universe that shared a bitter fate with me.

Kirishima kept bugging me all day and teasing me hard to try trailing where the red string end. At first, I just brushed him off, but being constantly reminded of it made me snap at the third day.

"Kirishima, could you stop?" I said as calm as I could. Even if it was annoying, I couldn't bring myself to get angry at the red hair.

Kirishima seemed to sense my distress. "Sorry, Midoriya," he apologized. Looking at him he was genuinely regretting it.

I laughed and patted his shoulder. "It's okay, Kirishima," I said. "Honestly, I'm as curious as you to find whoever is at the end of this string. But..." My voice cracked. I couldn't seem to finish my sentence like there was a lump blocking my throat. The fact that my life was timed once again being screamed right on my face.

I shook my head. Not doing anything wasn't doing me any good. As always. "Is there any mail from the Kingdom?" I asked Kirishima in attempt to change the subject.

"Oh, yeah!" Kirishima exclaimed as he rumagged his pants pocket. "A mail came when you went out collecting herb. I almost forgot about it." Kirishima scratched the back of his head.

I smiled at his silliness. "Thanks, Kirishima." I took the small golden envelope from my friend's hand. The familiar shining Yuuei's kingdom seal was apparent at the front envelope. No doubt, my first work as a 'One for All' mage for this kingdom officially started today.

"Don't push yourself too hard, Midoriya." He looked at me for a moment, hesitant to continue his sentence. Though, it was clearly shown in his expression. Stay alive.

I smiled at him reassuringly. "Don't worry, Kirishima. Even though I looked weak, All Might said I'm super tough!"

"Okay. I will make the dinner while I wait for you," he said.

"Erm, Kirishima kun," I called out to him stopping him from going toward the kitchen. "Please refrain from making the food too 'manly'," I said. Remembering the kitchen condition after Kirishima made the so-called manly food still made me shudder.

The red hair raised one of his eyebrows before laughing loudly. "We men have to do everything manly, Midoriya my friend!"

"B-but, Kirishima..." Kirishima ignored my pleas and kept walking toward the kitchen. I sighed. Seemed like tomorrow would be the kitchen cleaning day yet again.

After Kirishima left me alone, I walked toward All Might's workshop. After discovering it, both I and Kirishima cleaned the room. Now it was a lot more presentable, heck this was even better than my own workshop at home.

My hand slowly put the golden envelope on the table. I tried to remember which spell All Might had shown me to open this kind of envelope. My lips turned into a sad smile. All Might was the greatest mage of Yuuei's kingdom. That day when I accidentally met him. When he said that I could be a mage too. He had saved me.