2. An old friend

One fine morning Shankar was reading the daily times with a cup of coffee. There he came across a news from the bottom of the page. It was written that a loyal police officer of the Bihar pargana has been attacked by a gang of local goons and was admitted in a serious condition in hospital.

His name was written as Ramesh which attracted Shankar more towards the news. He started to read the full concept and understood that it was his college mate. His best friend with whom he lost his connection before a long time. His heart sank. His friend Ramesh being poor he excelled his college with a top rank. Shankar decided to go to Bihar to meet his friend. He soon called Suganya who was doing yoga in the garden .

She came rushing towards her husband on hearing his scream. She asked , "What happened Shankar? Why are you screaming?" Shankar narrated the entire thing to Suganya. She worried for his friend's situation. Then they planned to leave to Bihar to meet Ramesh. They called the Deputy commissioner of Bihar to inform about his arrival to Bihar. The DC assured to make all the arrangements ready for his arrival. They went to get ready to head towards Bihar.

Suganya went to her son's room and tried to wake him up. She shook him but still he cuddled up  like a ball inside the blanket. She then took out a sticky note from the nearby cupboard and wrote about her visit to Bihar and she also mentioned that she'll be back by late night. She stuck that note on the mirror which is her son's best friend in the room.

She went and took the blanket to see his face. He showed a scrunched face in sleep. She kissed her son's forehead and ruffled his hair. He smiled in his sleep. Then soon covered himself with the blanket. As it was Sunday, it was tough for Vinay to get up early in the morning. She then went to krishna's room and he was already up and getting ready to go for a jog. She informed him about her today's schedule. Krishna assured that he'll take care of Vinay. Suganya smiled and kissed his forehead too.

"Have a safe journey mom," said Krishna. She nodded and left.

As Krishna lost his mom at his early age he used to call Suganya as mom who used to treat him as her own son. Soon Suganya and Shankar left to Bihar.

*********

"Dude come on get up, it's 11 in the morning," said Krishna trying to wake up Vinay from his bed. But Vinay showed no heed to his words. "I wish that you have a wife in future who does not even turn up to you," said Krishna sarcastically , for which he earned a smack from his friend.

"Why did you want to pull the concept called marriage in the morning?" Asked Vinay with frustration. Krishna chuckled and asked, "Are you that much afraid of marriage?" Vinay started his own counselling session saying , " I'm not afraid of marriage. I'm only for the arranged marriage, it is filled with full of commitments which will never let you to have peace in your life. Whereas when you have a love marriage in your life, it will be filled with happiness. There will be little little fights which will make you to recognize that how much you love her. Each and every second will be like a fairy tale. Ok wait why are you wearing such a costume in the morning? "

 Ok wait why are you wearing such a costume in the morning? "