15. Accident

Krisha was shocked beyond words. Her husband was asking her divorce that too the very next day of her wedding. Tears welled up in her eyes. She was able to sense that he is not in sense. Finally when she was about to take her words, her husband said, "Oh! Please Krisha now please don't start your crying session I don't have time for that just sign these papers." Her eyes gave up and spilled tears. "Come on dammit! Just sign this!" He shouted she got frightened.

She was crying uncontrollably while it was Vinay who was hurted more while shouting at her. He just couldn't manage his own tears. He held her by her shoulder and said, "Come on Krisha sign these papers. Even after our divorce I'll provide you with the same luxuries now just be a good girl and sign these papers."

That's when she lost her cool and slapped him. She held his collar and screamed, "Do you think me as a girl who married you for your damn money?" She questioned while Vinay stood like a statue. When she was again to ask something he fell down due to the dizziness caused by the alcohol. Krisha who couldn't leave him like that she helped him to gather himself up from the floor and brought him to the bed and covered him with the blanket. Just yesterday she thought that her life will be beautiful but it's even more worse than her past.

Looking at him once she picked up the pillow and went to sleep on the floor. Even though she tried to sleep it was far away from her. Her tears explained that how much pain she was going through. Soon sleep engulfed her.

*******

Morning Vinay wok up with a heavy head ache. He was able to notice that he was in his bed covered with a blanket. He found his side was empty. His wife was missing. Yesterday he found her in his arms but today she was not even near him.

He held his head in his hands and slowly he was able to recollect the things that happened yesterday. His conversation with vinusha in the bar, his visit to the lawyer's home, his words towards her and her slap. He remembered everything. When he thought about that his heart scrunched "Whether has she left me?" His thought made him weak. He immediately got up from his bed and went to search her.

But he was not able to find her anywhere. He went to krishna's room and knocked his door. Krishna opened his room with a coffee cup in his hands, Vinay asked him , "Have you seen Krisha?" Krisha smiled sarcastically and asked him again, "Why do you care?" Vinay was even more worried.

"Please dude, say where is she!" He asked and Krishna said, "She is in the kitchen only. She only gave me this coffee along with yours. Mom and dad are not in home they have went to Temple and will return only by late night." Saying this Krishna handed over Vinay's coffee cup to him. Vinay got that from his hands. "Dude don't worry. I'm here right? I'll make her sign your divorce papers. Now just smile," krishna's words nearly killed him yet he gave him a tight smile and went to his room.

*******

From morning Vinay tried his best to speak to Krisha but she was not at all paying heed to his words. Hence he lost his cool. "Hey Krisha just stop there," shouted a Vinay out of anger. But he knows that she'll not pay heed to his words and as he thought Krisha went to the kitchen. "Hey I'm talking to you and are not even bothering to answer me," he once again shouted. But there came no response as he expected. He already knows that there is no use in screaming at her, but his anger took his brain away.

He followed her to the kitchen and screamed once again, "See since from the morning I'm talking to you but you are not at all listening." he complained. But she just continued with her work. This time he threatened her by saying , "See if you stay quite like this then I'm sure you will become a widow." he declared. But the same thing happened there came no response from Krisha. She was sauteing the pan full of veggies with a blank face.