Chapter 1

Violet Martin, 17 years old and her sister Victoria Martin, 25 years old were both orphans when Luca Martin, 45 found them at the back of an alley, shivering to death. Touched by the sight of the siblings, Luca, who works for the mobster took them both in and raised like his own.

"Where is your sister, Victoria?" Luca asked while he took a sip of the orange juice that Victoria had prepared.

"She's still inside her room. I did knock on her door earlier," Victoria pours a glass of orange juice for herself before she takes a seat at the dining table.

"I'm here," Violet announced herself before kissing her sister and adopted father forehead.

"Morning, Violet. Are you excited to start your senior year?" Luca asked his youngest daughter.

"Nope. Why would I even feel excited about school?" Violet pour herself a glass of orange juice and proceed to take a few pancakes for herself.

"I thought you said you're going to try dieting this year? What happened to that idea?" Victoria asked as she stifled her laughter.

"I decided that I like to keep my fat inside me. I love food and I like to eat so, dieting will only make me sick to my stomach," Victoria was shaking her head while Luca chuckled at Violet's response.

"Do you want to drive your brand new car?" Luca was eyeing his daughter who keeps shoving food into her mouth.

"I thought Tori will send me today or you," She said with her mouth full.

"I have some things to deal with while daddy was summoned by grandpa," Violet sigh heavily.

"Can I just walk to school? I mean it's not even that far," Luca place her fork down and stared his daughter right in the eye.

"What's wrong Vi? Why don't you want to drive to school? I thought you like your new car? We even pick the colors and all," Luca sense something is not right with Violet.

"I don't want to create unnecessary attention to myself. I really want everything to be as it is. There's no need for others to know that I am living with you, daddy," Luca sigh.

"Vi, don't tell me you still think that you're an embarrassment to the Martin name? I told you many times that grandpa doesn't mind at all. He loves you and Tori like his own granddaughter," Violet was stunned. She doesn't know how to respond to that.

Since she and her sister were found by Luca, these supposedly criminals did nothing to harm them or even used them for any kind of transaction. They followed their adopted father to his workplace and they were treated like royalty by the people who work for them.

"Daddy, we're blessed that you were the ones who passed that alley on that night. We both love you so," Violet nods as her sister said so.

"Good, now, drive that car I bought for you and don't ask many questions. It is your car. I even bought for your sister when she's in her senior year in high school. Of course, she wrecked that car a few times," Luca sigh.

"I thought I told you how sorry I am!" Tori pout while Luca and Violet laughed at her sister.

"Sure I'll drive. Maybe I just park the car at Audrey's house and we both can walk to school together," Luca shakes his head when he heard his youngest.

"As long as you don't lose it, I'm okay with anything," Luca smiled and handed the keys to her brand new car.

Violet took a couple more pancakes and shove it down her throat before she went to the driveway and went to her car. As she turning the engine on, her sister came running for her, screaming.