Chapter 17

"Gwen, GWEN! Listen to what we have to say! Don't embarrass us with this stupid dream of yours! You have to think about the consequences you're doing to your own family! You're killing our reputation!" Gwen's father yelled as Gwen made her way to her room.

But before Gwen close the door, she turned to her father with tears in her eyes.

"I'm moving out," she said before she enters and locks the door from the inside. Her father went to knock on the door and try to reason with her decision to leave.

"Gwen! Where will you live? You can't just move out on your senior year! Listen to me!" Gwen ignores him and continues to pack her things.

"IF YOU'RE MOVING, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT PACKING THE THINGS I BOUGHT FOR YOU! THOSE ARE MY PROPERTY, I BOUGHT THEM WITH MY MONEY!" Gwen wipes her tears away and took the things Violet bought for her instead.

After she's done, she opens the door just to see her parents standing there, trying to coax her to stay.

"GWEN! If you step out of this house, I will never let come in ever again. Once you step out from this house with that intention of yours, you're not our daughter anymore! Do you understand this?!" Gwen faces her parents with tears brimming.

"Your decision is killing me, mom, dad. I'm sorry for I have been such a disappointment to you but... I'm going to pursue my dream. I'm sorry," her parents watched her go but before she walks down the stairs, her father calls out for me. Gwen stopped at the foot of the stair.

"You fail in your dreams, Gwen. Once you realised what you've done was wrong, you will regret it for the rest of your life," Gwen smile before she walks down the stairs and leaves the only home she ever stayed in.

She decided to walk towards Gianna's home and enjoy her freedom. When she arrived at Gianna's, the knocks on the door before she was greeted by Gianna's mother.

"Gwen? What's with the bag? Come in, come in. Gianna's in her room," Gwen smiled at Gianna's home before she enters and went to Gianna's room.

"G, it's me," Gianna was busy with her art project when she heard a voice from her door. She walks towards her door opens it. Gwen stood there with tears in her eyes.

"Gwen?" Gianna was surprised when Gwen suddenly hugged her stained apron.

"Umm... there's wet paint all over me," Gwen doesn't care as she cries on Gianna's shoulder.

"I would like to hold you but my hands are not for your expensive clothes to have," Gwen sobbed even harder leaving Gianna to feel bad for now the ability to comfort her.

"What's wrong Gwen?"

"I moved out. I was hoping I can stay for a night or two. I need to find a place to stay and a part-time job. They told me that I'm no longer their daughter if I continue with my dream to be a dancer, an entertainer," Gianna felt sorry for her friend.

"You're welcome to stay here for as long as you need. Why do you need a job for? Your girlfriend is rich! I'm sure she can at least pay for your rent," Gwen shook her head no.

"I don't want to trouble her with my problems. She has her own problems to think about. Adding mine will just make it worse," Gwen sigh. She promised herself to be independent and that's what she's going to do.

***

Auriana and Luca lead their daughter's into the venue of an annual gala for business venturer. As Auriana greets the others, her eyes wander around to see if the couple she personally invited has arrived.

Auriana can't contain her excitement when she saw a familiar couple walks into the venue together. She leans into Luca before whispering into his ear.