Chapter 21

"Are you nervous? This is it... this is your big break! It's finally the audition you've been training for years for. Don't be nervous, just imagine everyone as a potato or ... pineapple... or simply naked... I hope that helps," Gwen laughed as Violet seems to be the one who is nervous rather than her.

"I'm going to be okay. But I don't think you will. Anyway, there are 3 parts to this audition. First, photo shoot, to see if I have what it takes to represent Thalina's visions. You know how I act in front of a camera, I can nail that easily. The second part of this is singing. Now that's where I feel insecure about. I don't know if my voice actually something the academy wants," Gwen sigh as she explained her worries.

"Is that why you choose a slow song?" Gwen nod.

"Now the third part of this audition is what I've been working on for so long! I really do hope I can nail this audition. I've been pursuing my dream and even moved away from my family house for it. I hope it's worth the sacrifices," Gwen's hands trembled as the first 6 numbers were summoned.

Violet excuse herself since she's not allowed to be in here. She told Gwen that she'll be waiting for her at home. After Violet left, Gwen can't help but feel her world is crashing down. Her mind was racing and all she could think about is she'll fail this audition she's been working so hard for.

She was frozen when her number was finally being summoned. She followed the other girls into a studio. She noticed Thalina standing next to a photographer. Thalina turns to see Gwen, the person she's been waiting for. Since Auriana told her about her talent ad a dancer, Thalina can't help but wonder how good she is in other things.

Thalina nods her head and tells everyone to get ready. Once the music starts, she smiled at the contestant and begins the shooting. At first, Gwen was confused but she soon got the hang of posing in front of the camera. She was quite proud of herself.

Once the shoot is done, Thalina was impressed but she didn't show it. Gwen and the rest of the girls were being led to another studio. Since there still a little bit of time before her turn, she sat on the floor, minding her own business as she worries about her next audition.

"I can't believe I actually manage to get into the second audition!" Gwen heard one of the girls not far from her expressed her feelings.

"Yes! Anyone who was accepted as a student here, they all turn out to be a super megastar! I can't wait for my own debut," Gwen smile at their naïveté.

Soon, the second audition starts and it's been a nail-biting experience for Gwen as she waits for her turn.

"What is your reason for auditioning?" Thalina asked when it's Gwen turn to sing. Gwen answered with confidence, saying it's been her dream of being an entertainer.

"I see you want to sing a slow, romantic song to sing. I'm sure you can nail it best but, is it okay if I change your genre for this audition?" Gwen nod.

"Alright, Bring Me To Life by Evanescence," Thalina smiled as Gwen's eyes widen. She never sang any song from that band before but she knows the lyric well. This is the time for her to thank Hadley for making her listen to them!

At the end of the day, Thalina was impressed by how Gwen manage to pull it off.

"She has the talent and commitment, that's a yes from me," said one of the vocal instructor. Thalina smile as her approval as well.

***

"Oh... my god..." Thalina's dance instructor was speechless after Gwen's done with her routine and leaves the room.

"I've been a dance instructor since forever but never once I was this speechless in my whole teaching career. Thalina we have to take her in and turn her into one of our star," Thalina nod. For once she actually agreed with her instructor's opinion.