Chapter 20

VIOLET'S POV

"How was training?" I asked when Gwen enters the car with a heavy sigh.

"Stressful and I have exams to worry about as well. Why does making a dream come true acquires this much hard work?" She literally gave up on everything at this point?

"Honey, you're a strong woman. I'm sure you can face everything. No ones tougher than you," I tried to sound encouraging. It's probably working since she's smiling at me now.

"We should find someplace to eat. I am starving. This new diet the trainee was given was awful," I smiled knowing she likes to eat. Gwen and doesn't doesn't work out at all.

"Alright... how about that place?" I pointed when she stopped at a red light. She looks out before giving me a little nod.

"As long as I get to eat, that's all I'm asking," I chuckled before finding a place to park the car. Once I found the place, we both got our from the car and take each other waist before walking towards the eating place.

"I feel like we really don't belong here," she whispered as we enter the small eating place. I shrugged before we went to the booth table. A waitress smile at us as she gives out the menu. Gwen only needs to skim the menu before she calls for the waitress and ordered her food.

After I ordered mine, we look around as we wait for our drinks and meals. Gwen took my hands before I meet her eyes. I tried my head, wondering if she's going to ask me something.

"How are you?" This again? She asked me the same question for over a month now. I know that Tori's passing is something I can't accept but life must go on.

"I'm okay. I don't cry even once today. That's an achievement right?" Gwen nod before taking my hands near her mouth before kissing it.

"That's a wonderful achievement babe," as we were just minding our very own business, a couple from the table next to ours let out a fake gag as they watch us.

"What a disgusting kind of people," I heard the female said.

"It's supposed to be Adam and Eve, not the other way around," the male added before he gave us both such dirty stare. Gwen whipped her head towards the obviously disturb couple before she scowls at them.

"Mind your business! We never feel disgusted seeing you two making out. I could literally gag the egg salad I was forced to eat while in training. Wait, on the second thought, please do continue because I hate the things I ate earlier," Gwen let go of my hands before giving them both her middle finger.

"I wish people like you could just get hit by a bus like Regina George does," I chuckled with the rest of the customers as the couple leave their table from the embarrassment.

"And that's ladies and gentlemen, how to treat close-minded people, your welcome," the other customers clapped their hands and even gave Gwen a standing ovation.

***

"We should rely on going back to that little eating place. It has the best nuggets ever," Gwen and I were talking to each as we walk inside the house until mommy called for us to meet someone.

"Girls, meet Thalina. She's ..." Gwen gasped. She's literally speechless upon meeting aunt Thalina.

"Hey Violet," I waved at her. Her eyes then landed on Gwen who's beginning to trembling from excitement and nervousness.

"And you buy be Gwen. I've heard a lot of things from Auriana about you," I squinted my eyes to mommy. She looks away, pretends to be busy with her phone.

"I'll be waiting for your audition with our academy. Just to let you know, just because you're dating Violet, that doesn't mean I'll go easy on you. My empire only produces a talented bunch of people and if they do their part, I'll do my part for them as well. You never heard any of my failures before, right?" Gwen nod.