━━ eight

────────────

( the porlock )

( the porlock )

────────────

────────────

━━ The following morning, they had Apparition, another of Mila's favorite classes.

Most sixth and seventh years took the subject, so Mila saw a lot of her classmates, including Malfoy.

He gave a little nod when he saw her, probably confirming their meeting in the afternoon. There was no way they could talk now, not with her friends around.

After nodding back, Mila turned to see Hermione looking at her strangely.

"You okay, Hermione?" she asked innocently. The last thing she needed was for Hermione to find out what she was up to.

"I'm great, Mila," Hermione said, though Mila didn't miss the suspicion in her voice.

Mila turned to Harry for distraction, and Harry was eager to oblige. They partnered for the lesson, and worked on apparating into the hoop that had been set up for them.

After successfully apparating for the millionth time, Mila smiled as Harry shook his head at her. Though neither were seventeen yet, they would both turn seventeen before the end of August. Mila's birthday was only a day before Harry's.

"Sometimes, Mila, I don't understand how things come so easily for you," he laughed.

"It's the 3 D's Harry: destination, determination and deliberation!" she joked, trying to mimic Wilkie Twycross, the ministry teacher.

"Oi, nice one!" Seamus said, as he overheard her impression, "Let me try."

He began explaining the 3 D's in what Mila thought was a pretty piss poor impression. One that would cause the subject to take great offence. And one in which the subject did take great offence. Seamus turned to see Twycross standing behind him once he was finished.

Mila mouthed 'sorry' to him as he was given detention, but afterwards, covered a hand to mask her laughter. She had tears in her eyes, and her smile was wide. She looked at Harry to see if he was laughing, but he was smiling at her.

"It's nice to see you're feeling better," he said softly. She hadn't realised she had been failing so badly at pretending she was okay, but Harry had always been too perceptive of her. His comment, however, just reminded her of her dreaded afternoon.