━━ eighteen

────────────

( the fresh start )

( the fresh start )

────────────

────────────

━━ The walk back to the Room of Requirement was a lot less stressful with Harry's invisibility cloak. It was also a lot more uncomfortable. Harry and Malfoy sharing each other's personal space was quite literally a nightmare, and they avoided touching each other at all costs. Even after their heart to heart.

Hermione was still outside waiting for them. When they revealed themselves, she gave a sigh of relief.

"I don't know how you managed it, Malfoy, but I'm really glad you did."

Malfoy didn't know what to make of Hermione Granger smiling at him, but he tried his own smile back. After she blinked alertly, he realised it probably needed a little work.

"Hey, Hermione," Harry quietly greeted. She gave him a quick hug, and whispered something that Draco didn't quite catch.

"So I guess we should go in?" Hermione suggested.

"You two go ahead," Draco said, "I'll wait here a while."

Hermione gave an understanding nod, and looped Harry's arm through her own to enter the party.

Draco didn't want to raise alarm at the sight of Harry and him walking into a party together. The best thing was for Harry to quietly arrive and look for Mila. He didn't want to get in the way.

If it was what Mila needed, he would never get in the way again.

────────────

━━ Mila was stone cold sober. She hadn't touched a single drink. Her stomach couldn't take it, but when she saw Harry walk through that door, she didn't think she could pass a single sobriety test. She was obviously imagining it.

Harry seemed to scan the room before spotting her and whispered something to Hermione. Mila held her breath as he left Hermione, and began making his way toward her.

"Hey," he said softly.

"Hey."

She couldn't quite read his face, and had no idea what his intentions were.