━━ twenty one

────────────

( the ball )

( the ball )

────────────

────────────

━━ She could hear talking at the bottom of the stairs, the girls and boys were all speaking animatedly. Mila drew an excited breath, and started descending the stairs.

The first person whose eye she caught was Harry's. He'd been grinning at something Ginny said, and when he'd noticed Mila, he looked like he'd been punched in the gut. The wind was knocked out of him, and he wasn't the only one. 

"Holy──" Seamus started to say before Ron elbowed him to stop when he noticed Lavender's eyes narrow at him.

Mila gave Harry a warm smile, and searched the room to find the eyes of another boy. He was a little sidelined in the group. He'd probably been overwhelmed when they were all greeting each other.

His eyes didn't leave her as she made her way to him. Ginny gave her arm a squeeze as she walked pass to see Draco. Mila chucked a wink her way, and continued over to her date.

When she stopped in front of him, she broke the silence between them, "Hi."

He didn't say anything. He blinked at her a few times, and tried clearing his throat. Then he blinked again.

She took in his appearance. It was what any upstanding young wizard from a rich family would be wearing. Black wizard robes, white dress shirt, black tie. It made the cool tones in his skin stand out, the opposite to the warm tones in Mila.

Hermione, herself, was studying the pair of them. They were quite a sight, standing next to each other. Everything about them contradicted the other, but they were stunning, and they looked at each other in a way Hermione had never seen Mila or Draco look at anyone else.

Hermione also thought that Mila and Draco should have a moment on their own. Mila hadn't thanked him for the dress, and Draco didn't look like he could walk anytime soon.

"Let's head down guys, We'll let Mila catch Draco up on the plan."

She rounded the others up to leave, and Mila said a quick goodbye to everyone. She mouthed a ❛ thank you ❜ to Hermione.

Mila laughed and waved as they left. When it was just her and Draco, she turned her attention back to him.

"Misterr Malfoy, I must say, you almost look handsome in those robes."