━━ thirty five

────────────

( fifth year )

( fifth year )

────────────

────────────

━━ They had kidnapped Remus that night. James and Mila had snuck him outside by the Whomping Willow, where Sirius and Peter were waiting to meet them.

Remus had tried to argue against being pulled out of bed late at night, but Mila knew the end result would be worth it.

"Just get a move on, Moony," she hushed him. Three people under an invisibility cloak was no small feat. They were fifteen now, and it was getting a lot tighter under there. When they finally, finally made it outside, Mila closed her eyes rather dramatically and took a deep breath of fresh air.

"Oh, come on," James said, "It's not that bad."

"Says you! You share a room with three boys, you're used to the smell. I hope I never have to be in close proximity to any number of you again."

"You will be," James pointed out, "When we have to sneak back in."

"Ugh, don't remind me."

They were getting closer to the willow tree, Sirius waved and called out to them.

They all stood in a circle, and Sirius and Mila grinned at Remus expectantly.

"So ... is anyone going to tell me why we're here?" Remus asked.

"Oh, Moony, I'm delighted you brought it up!" Mila exclaimed, "We have just the little treat to show you tonight."

"Precisely, Mila," Sirius piped up, "Now, Moony, if you would please sit in the designated area we have prepared for you, we can now start the show!"

Sirius gestured to a picnic blanket, and candles that Peter had helped him decorate it with. Half of them were blown out in the night wind, but the effort was clear.

James hadn't been made aware of that part of the plan, "Really, guys?"

Sirius and Mila laughed, "We thought it was fitting," Mila said, "Go on, Remus, sit down."

He obliged, and eyed his friends warily.

"Sirius, the spotlight?" Mila asked.

Sirius cast lumos, and his wand lit up, shining directly where Mila was standing.