━━ twenty nine

────────────

( the blood )

( the blood )

────────────

────────────

━━ A few days later, and Mila was at a crossroad. Without the gentle encouragement from Sirius, she really hadn't learned a damn thing about her past. And that was the whole point of being here, right? Or else, why were they all here?

She'd spent the whole day with Harry and Draco, each doing their best to take her mind off of her current predicament, and instead, let her enjoy some of the sunny days that summer was conjuring up. 

Dumbledore still maintained his frequent visits, and Mila had taken notice of how each one was becoming more urgent than the last. It was for that reason that she decided to get things back on track, and seek out more knowledge of her past. 

Pushing aside her annoyance at Sirius for not being able to answer a simple question, she set off to find his better half: Remus Lupin.

Now, this was unusual for two reasons. She hadn't actually spoken to him one on one yet, and he had kind of taken a backseat during the period that Sirius was sharing his memories. Mila didn't really know what to expect, or how to act, when she did find him. Like Hermione, his betrayal had been one of the more bitter ones. 

She reached for the Marauder's map, now that she was allowed to keep it. The powers that be, namely Dumbledore, had decided she was unlikely to run off again, and had granted this request. 

She pushed her wand to the map and cast the spell, her eyes never straying off her nickname whenever it appeared. It threw her off guard every time without fail. It wasn't something she could get used to.

To her surprise, Lupin was not inside the castle. Rather, he had retreated to a tree that Mila knew all too well.

It wasn't hard to get past the Whomping Willow when you knew the trick, and Mila followed the passage to the Shrieking Shack with ease.

If Remus was surprised to see her, he didn't show it. He was sitting on a chair that looked like it was about to buckle under the weight of him any minute. Mila decided to lean on the nearest wall.