━━ thirty two

────────────

( second year )

( second year )

────────────

────────────

━━ "Meeting number eighty two, and first of the year, has begun. How was everyone's summer holiday?"

Remus and Peter both said they'd had a nice one, Sirius shouted some obscene thing about his family from behind the door of the classroom the others were in, and Mila stayed silent. She would rather not talk about it.

"This year is going to be a good one, fellas. I can feel it in my bones," James said.

"Why?" Mila asked.

"Because, dear Mila, quidditch trials are this year, and as second years, we will be allowed to participate." Now, that did stir some excitement for Mila. Like James and Sirius ( who were good at practically everything ) she, too, had a knack for broom riding.

"Pass," Remus said, exchanging an amused glance with Mila. He and Peter was not as broom savvy as the others.

"Pass," Peter agreed.

"Come on, guys, picture it! All five members of the Acrobatic Acromantulas on the Gryffindor Quidditch team!" James exclaimed.

Mila wrinkled her nose, "Veto on that name too." Remus and Peter nodded their heads in agreement.

James sighed, "Back to the drawing board it is. Regardless, Mila, you are trying out. And Sirius, so are you."

"I'll think about it." The others could barely hear him through the door.

"You know, Mila, don't you think it's time you got over this whole ❛ being in the same room thing ❜?" James asked.

Mila smiled, "I happen to like this arrangement. He can't see when I pull faces at him."

"But I can hear you!" Sirius protested through the door.

James shook his head, "Enough is enough. I'm sending you both on a reconnaissance mission. People trying out for quidditch will be practicing on the field all week. You are going to check them out."

Both Sirius and Mila proceeded to protest, but James shut them up.

"It's time all members of this group got along. Mila, Sirius, meet after school on the quidditch field. End of story."