The Shivers

I managed to finally get Chase out of Muffin's body. It took about an hour, but it was well worth it. He also got a long scolding about possessing people's animals.

It's the next morning, and I'm standing in front of my mirror washing my face. My reflection is normal, and there's nothing out of the ordinary. I lean over to wash the soap off, and after I do so, I look back into the mirror.

There's someone standing behind me, her hair long and black, skin pale and eyes red.

"...Dale?" I quietly call out, turning around. There's no one behind me, though, and for a second I think I'm losing my mind. I shake my head from any thoughts, and turn around to face the mirror again.

This time, there's words all over it, wrote out with my red lipstick. It catches me off guard, and I stumble back a couple of steps.

"Don't try to stop me," I read out the words to myself.

"Chase!" I call for him. He walks through the bathroom door, his eyes immediately falling onto the mirror. As expected, he doesn't have a reflection, but he looks at the words with me.

"Is it Dale?" He asks and I nod.

"Its got to be," I answer. "I saw her reflection in my mirror, and when I looked away for a second, this was wrote here."

"Its a good thing you've got that bracelet," He comments. "She might have tried to possess you!"

I turn to glare at him. "At least she would possess me and not my cat!"

"Don't get touchy!" He defends. "I un-possessed her! Oh, and I love your outfit, are you wearing it out?"

I look down at the towel that was wrapped around my body, my face beginning to heat up.

"Shut up and leave!" I order. "I have to get changed!"

He laughs as he exits the room, leaving me by myself. Since it's a Friday and I don't have school today, I dress in a casual pair of shorts and a sweater. I walk out with my hair damp from my shower, and I run my fingers through it.

"Ooh, you look even better now!" Chase comments as I walk in the living room, sitting down on the couch.

"Why are you all flirty today?" I flip through my sketchbook. "You're normally not this frisky."

"Who's to say?" He questions, sitting next to me on the couch. "I might have fallen for you."

He blows air in my ear and I rub it, giving him a glare. "Don't act cheesy," I turn my attention back to the drawings. "It doesn't suit you."

He's about to give some snarky remark when my doorbell rings.

"Who's that?" He asks, standing up with me as I walk to the door.

I open it and my eyes grow wide.

"P-Parker? What are you doing here?" I stare up at the tall boy as he stands in my doorway.

He's in his casual black jacket with a blue undershirt, matched with jeans and boots. His badge is clipped onto his jacket.

"Oh, it's lover boy coming to your rescue! I'm going in the other room. Tell me when he leaves!" Chase storms off into my bedroom, probably to pet Muffin.

"Donut?" He offers, holding a bag of chocolate donuts in his hand.

"Uh, sure," I say, letting him walk inside. He takes a seat at the table, putting the donuts in the center of it.

For some reason, I find my hands instinctively go to my hair to try to brush it down.

I get us both a bottle of water; he thanks me as I give it to him, and I take a seat opposite of him.

"Is there something you needed?" I ask, taking a sip of the water.

"I wanted to apologize," He starts, opening the donuts. "I shouldn't have snapped at you."

He's apologizing to me? The thought alone is enough to make me squeal with joy.

"Have you been," He shakes his head. "I don't know- tired recently?"

I answer no, and I take one of the donuts. "I'm actually feeling fine, why?"

"Thats great to hear," He smiles, eating a donut. "I was beginning to get worried about you. I thought that the whole M Murders were going to your head."

He still doesn't believe me.

"Haha," I lightly laugh. "Yeah."

"Oh, here!" He reaches into his jacket, pulling out a pocket taser. "Use this whenever you get into trouble! It will protect you!"

"Thanks," I smile, sitting it on the table. Because a taser will totally help me fight off a ghost that loves to possess people.

"I thought strawberry was your favorite?" I eye the donut bag, and he lets out a sheepish laugh.

"They are," He grins at me. "But chocolate is your favourite."

My heart nearly skips a beat. He was thinking of me when he got these!

"Do you have any plans tonight?" I fidget with my fingers, praying that he doesn't.

"Yeah, actually I do!" His face becomes cheerful.

Of course you do.

"Remember that girl Vanessa from my law training?" He looks at me with excited eyes, and I nod. "I'm taking her on a date! She's super pretty!"

"Oh," I fake a smile. "That's great, I hope you two get together."

Yet again, it feels as if my heart just got ripped into two pieces.

The walkie-talkie on his hip sounds off, various numbers and codes coming through.

"Copy that," He answers, standing up. "I'll see you later Stella! Finish those donuts for me!"

He bolts out the door, waving at me before he leaves.

***

Its about eight at night and I'm currently sitting on my couch drowning myself in chocolate ice cream and romance movies. Chase went out a while ago, saying something about a night time haunt.

"Come on!" I shout at the screen. "Kiss her already! I'm tired of this love triangle garbage!"

My doorbell suddenly rings, and I'm curious as to who it may be.

"Chase would walk through," I mumble to myself. "So who is this?"

I open the door, my eyes nearly falling out of their sockets completely.

"Parker? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on a date?" I ask, noticing him in a comfortable t-shirt and jacket paired with dark jeans and converse.

"I can't go on a date without picking up my partner," He smiles widely. "And that's why I'm here!"

"Huh?" My mind is having a hard time grasping what I'm seeing.

"Let's go on a date, Stella."

A/N

I really want some ice cream now! Another chapter closer to the end of the book! I'm getting excited! Don't forget to leave some nice comments and votes here and there!

-Hannah