The Willies

I stay on the ground, still clutching my arm. Chase stands above me, his hair even more ruffled than usual.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, still not believing that he's in front of me. "And what happened to the girl?"

He crouches down, picking up my papers that are everywhere, stacking them neatly. "I'm saving your ass," He bluntly states. "And the girl is fine. I ran Dale out of her."

His voice is a little gruff, so I take it that he's still a bit mad at me.

I watch as he places each paper in the folder gently, then closes it.

"Why did you save me?" I ask him, his eyes meeting with mine as he stares at me.

His hand slowly comes up to my cheek, cupping it. I feel as his thumb rubs under my eye, wiping the blood off.

"Its because I need you," He mutters gently.

Feeling him touch me and hearing him say that makes my heart begin to cut a flip. I can feel my face heat up, and I wonder what's wrong with me.

"We're connected, plus you've gotta make me human again," He states, standing up.

Oh, that's what he meant.

I carefully stand, sliding my shoe back on. "Let's get home," I smile. "Muffin missed you."

I pick up the folders and begin walking.

"Just Muffin?" He asks, a smirk appearing on his face. I shoot him a playful scowl.

"Just Muffin."

***

Hours later and I'm sitting patched up on the couch, my arm in a bandage and a pink bandaid on my eyebrow. Chase sits on the floor with Muffin, playing around.

"I didn't mean what I said," I give him an apologetic look. "I was just upset."

"I know you didn't mean it," He smiles, swinging a feather on a string around.

"You did?" I ask, dumbfounded. "But then why did you run off like that?"

"Well, I wanted you to feel a little guilty," He nods. "You did hurt my feelings you know?"

I roll my eyes. Stupid frat boy ghost.

"Plus I went somewhere," He states. "I checked up on someone."

"Who'd you see?" I ask, taking a sip of my water on the table.

"My ex-girlfriend."

The room suddenly gets quiet, an awkward tension suddenly being created.

"How... was she?" I question, not being sure how to accommodate for the situation.

"She's dating my best friend," There's a crack of thunder suddenly outside, and Chase's expression gets hard.

It shocks me, and it doesn't take an idiot to figure out that he's angry.

"You, uh, she didn't deserve you anyway," I try to ease the tensity.

"I loved her!" There's another pop of thunder, lightening coming in as well.

Great. I'm with a ghost that makes storms happen when he's angry.

"Its okay," I put my hands up as if I was trying to calm a raging bull. "At least you can say you dated someone! If I died right now I'd die without even having dated anyone!"

My eyes widen at the words that slip out of my mouth, and he stares at me with curiosity.

"You've never dated anyone?" He asks, tilting his head to the side. "But aren't you like, twenty?"

My face turns red with embarrassment and I wish I could bury myself and my problems under my blankets.

"A-Age doesn't matter!" I shake my head, defending myself. "I just haven't had time to date, that's all!"

There's a slight chuckle that escapes his mouth. "What about a kiss? When was your first kiss?"

I hesitate, wanting to lie. "Parker- I mean- you in Parker's body," I mutter, pointing to the door. "Outside the other night."

"That was your first kiss?!" He jumps up from his position on the floor. "But you were so good at it!"

I get even redder, if that was humanly possible.

"You're lying!" He smiles. "There's no way that was your first kiss! How'd you know what to do?"

I feel like screaming and running out of the room. "I just- I don't know- I watch romance movies a lot, I guess!" My words stumble out of my mouth. "I just did what they did!"

He begins to walk my way, and I look around the room, avoiding his eye contact. The mood of the room is suddenly lascivious as he stands above me, placing one knee on the couch beside my thigh.

He leans forward, his hands going on the back of the couch. Each one was settled on either side of my head, trapping me in place.

I sink as far back into the cushion as possible, trying to squirm away from him. He leans in until our noses touch, a slight shiver breaking out down my spine.

"You," He starts, trapping my gaze in his shadowy eyes. "If I was in my body, I'd bang the hell out of you."

I involuntarily gulp, my heartbeat audible in my eardrums. My voice produces words on its own, my mind in a daze.

"Why wait?"

At once, there's a heavy knocking on my door. Our heads both swing in its direction, and my mouth is gaped open with both shock and disappointment.

Who is that?!

We both spring away from each other, my feet stomping over to the door. I thrust it open, Becky standing out in front of it.

"What do you want now?" I ask, feeling annoyed. "I was kind of in the middle of something."

"Stephanie," She starts, putting her hand on her hip. "If I hear one more loud noise come from this room, I will tell our landlady and-" Her voice cuts off, her eyes bulging out at something behind me.

"What are you-" I spin around to see Chase holding Muffin up in the air, carrying her around. To me it looks normal, but to Becky, it must look like a floating cat.

She stumbles backwards, her heels nearly making her trip.

"Your cat-" She adjusts her glasses. "Your cat is floating!"

Maybe I should have some fun?

"Oh?" I fake shock. "I don't know why she does that, actually. Maybe it's a ghost?"

"G-G-Ghost?!" She nearly jumps out of her skin. "I'm sorry to bother you! You can make as much noise as you want!"

I watch her as she dashes and scurries off to her apartment, slamming her door.

I laugh and close my door as well. "That's great!" I grin at Chase. "She won't ever bother me again!"

"She got on my nerves, too," He places Muffin down on the floor. "Stephanie." He chuckles to himself.

"Are you trying to make fun of my name, Casper?" There's a playful glare that he sends me and I give him a smug smile.

I'm starting to believe that having a ghost around isn't a bad thing at all. Especially when he runs off your bossy neighbor.

A/N

What if cats did float? That'd be awesome! Another chapter down guys! Don't forget to leave some little comments and some nice votes!

-Hannah