The Jitters

"Let's go on a date, Stella."

I nearly pass out on the spot. "W-what?"

"Let's go out to eat together," He smiles widely. "I'm craving a milkshake, how about you?"

I look down at my outfit. "I would love to, Park, but my outfit isn't-"

"You look great right now," I feel his hand interlock with mine. "Let's just go, okay?"

My heart feels as if it's going to flutter out of my chest, and I can feel my face beginning to get hotter by the minute.

"Sure! Okay!" I absent-mindedly reply to him, locking the door and walking out.

I look up at him as we descend the stairs. What sparked this sudden attitude change?

"Where are we going?" I ask him, our hands still interlocked.

"I know this really great milkshake place," He answers, smiling down at me.

We walk down the street until we get to an ice cream stand. There are tables around outside it, and a sliding window opens up for you to place your order to a lady. I sit at one of the tables, the metal of the chair sending a chill down my spine.

Parker comes back with one large milkshake. "Here you go," He places the straws in it, turning one to face me and the other to face him.

He takes off his jacket and wraps it around my shoulders, surprising me. "What are you doing?" I ask. "You never do cheesy stuff like this."

He looks around for a moment, almost seeming flustered. "I wanted to try something new," He suggests. "Do you think it's too cheesy?"

I laugh at his cuteness. "Not at all!"

I lean in for a sip of the shake, and he does the same on his side. Our noses touch as we look at each other in the eyes. His usual bright irises are a dark blue, and I shrug it off as it being the darkening sky. I slightly swallow, not being used to the closeness of our faces.

Is this the same serious guy that scolded me for going out by myself? Surely not. Or maybe it is?

"Its chocolate," I comment, pulling away.

"You're favourite," He replies, propping his elbow on the table and his chin in his hand. He stares at me intensely and I become fidgety under his gaze.

"What?" I look down, trying to ignore his sharp eyes.

"You're just so pretty," He blurts, making my eyes snap up to him.

"I, uh," I'm unsure as to what to say. "Thank you."

Something is a little off with Parker tonight. He's not usually so layed back, he's more of a solemn person.

"Are you drunk?" I blatantly ask him, and his eyes grow wide with shock.

"What? Stella, don't be silly," He laughs. "Of course I'm not drunk!"

I laugh along with him, a hint of uneasiness still stuck in my voice.

We chat for a little bit more as we finish up the milkshake.

"Do you want to walk around for a while?" He stands up from his chair and I nod, beginning to walk alongside him.

We walk on the sidewalk, me on the edge closest to the road. Our trek starts in silence, us both just enjoying the peacefulness.

I suddenly hear a bicycle chime behind me, and a biker shout, "Watch out!"

He's driving close to the sidewalk, and I'm afraid that I'm about to get hit. A strong arm suddenly wraps around my shoulders, pulling me into a body.

I look up to find Parker hugging me closely to his chest. His scent smells like fancy cologne, and I bask in every second he holds me close.

He lets go slightly to look down at me. "Are you alright? Maybe I should get you home?" He's still holding around my shoulders, and I sadly nod, not wanting this magical night to end.

He holds onto my hand tightly as we walk together, eventually getting back to my apartment door.

I unlock it and push it slightly open. He stands in front of me awkwardly holding his jacket and I smile. "I guess I'll see you at the station later?"

He nods. "Yeah, I guess so."

I turn to walk inside, when I hear a muffled, "Fuck it." And a hand wraps around my upper arm.

I spin around for Parker's mouth to connect with my own, closing the space in between us. I'm in shock for the most part, and he decides to deepen the kiss, placing his hands on either side of my head on my cheeks.

My lips work with his own, his tongue slipping inside my mouth, drawing my own into his. Our feet shuffle around, and I feel my back hit the brick wall of the complex.

I run my hands through his hair, and I feel his fingers inch their way down my waist, touching at the skin that's slightly exposed on my back.

Some odd thought suddenly dawns on me, and it makes me almost stop moving completely.

Wait a second. Parker wouldn't kiss me. He has Vanessa. He's a nice, loyal guy. He would never cheat on her. So if I'm not kissing Parker...

then who am I kissing?!

A/N

What a nice little smooch! I wish I got random kisses! Don't forget to shower me with little votes and comments! Thank you!

-Hannah