one

Keegan's POV
Shreveport, La
7-5-18
11:41 a.m.

"Baby wake up, we're making brunch." My Angel whispered to me. She was the only thing that got me up in the morning. "Hmm good morning princess." I pulled her to me and I started to dose off again.

" Oh, no sir Mr. Barnnet. Your not getting off that easily. " she got off of me and walked to the door. I groaned knowing that girl won't ever show me her vulnerable side. She wouldn't ever let you under her skin or under her clothes, trust me I've tried. Let's just say I almost needed face reconstruction. But I still loved and respected her for it. She knew right from wrong, and my dads number one household rule is no fooling around behind locked doors. I guess I shouldn't even try to provoke it.

Oh by the way, hi I'm keegan. The last time you heard from me or Madeline was around the Seventh grade. We had just met and she was fortunate enough to get away from her house and her dad to move in with Nathan and I. I still remember how happy I was that night.

I moved here when I was thirteen from Colorado where I lived with my pops and granny, until she passed away. We were super poor and after both my mom and my Granny passed, I came to live with Nathan in Louisiana. I was sad at the time, but I eventually realized that she and mom were always with me and I had met my forever family. I was now seventeen and was doing online school so that hopefully I could get a degree in photography and journalism one day. Madeline would be my model and I would be her photographer.

I got dressed and decided to go downstairs and see about this so called, "brunch". Nathan was filling up the waffle maker with waffle mix and Maddie was scrambling eggs. I looked over at the table and saw Ricky sitting there squeezing oranges, still half asleep. He crashed here last night after the firework show, he was to drunk to drive home.

Ricky had been Nathan's lifelong best friend, and Maddie and I's uncle figure since we were thirteen. He was super funny and could see the bright side of any situation. He was around 5'7 and had shaggy black hair with Crystal blue eyes and a pair of spider bites.

"Morning guys" I told Nathan and Ricky. I walked over to Maddie and wrapped my arms around her from behind and held her while she scrambled the eggs.

"Mornin babe. " she said kindly. I kissed her cheek and stood there watching her sway the spatula back and forward. I started to nibble on her ear and play with her arms. "Keegan Remy Barnnet, behave!!!" She told me only half seriously and half playfully. I thought I was in deep crap when she used my middle name, but false alarm.

"Fine." I replied in a fake annoyed voice. I started to walk off when she spun around and grabbed my arm as she pulled me back to her side. "Awww, missed me so soon?" I teased with her. I puckered my lips hoping that she might just give in and she played it out like she was, but at the last second she put waffle batter on my lips and nose and pulled away. "Don't try to tease the teaser." She said smugly . I wanted to suck that smirk right off her lips.

I stuck my tongue out at her and walked towards the bathroom when I saw Ricky and my dad laughing about what just happened. I reached up to my face and grabbed some batter and wiped it on both of their faces. "Yeah, really funny stuff huh?" I asked cynically .

I washed my face and by the time I got back to the kitchen, everything was ready. I piled two big waffles and some eggs on my plate.

We ate and lightly chattered to one another. I finished and cleared everyones plates for them since I was the only one who didn't help make breakfast. "It was all really good guys thanks." I heard a couple of thanks and an no biggy.