three

Keegan's POV
7-14-18
10:53 a.m.

Ugh, I hate shopping, with a passion. But for maddie,it was worth it.

I had to go early this morning after she left for work and request her cake be made, then I had to go pick up her present today because I had to work all day yesterday, I grabbed all of the ingredients for homemade chicken and waffles (Maddie favorite breakfast), stopped by Ricky's to see if he wanted to help out and thankfully he did, I had to call Texas Roadhouse and make our reservation, I ran by work and asked DJ to cover my shift tomorrow since I had covered his last two and of course he said yes.

2:29 p.m.

I made a last minute decision to go to the mall and pick up an outfit for both me and Maddie. I walked into stage and looked around and had no luck so I went to Rue 21 and I found a really pretty black and white striped summer dress with a small cream colored purse. It was about forty-five bucks so I snatched it up and went over and paid.

I decided to walk into american eagle and I looked around until I found some lightwashed jeans with rips at the knee. I tried them on and they fit perfect. I bought a reddish button down shirt about a week ago and I've been dying to wear it and it matched my outfit really well so I just grabbed the jeans and left. I grabbed some canes at the food court and headed for my car.

3:13 p.m.

I got home and automatically went to the Christmas closet and grabbed a box and some red wrapping paper. I neatly put Maddies outfit into the box and sat it in my closet for now.

I walked down stairs and saw dad walk in with some bags from the boardwalk. He smirked when he saw that all the Christmas closet was drug out.

"Well, I guess I need to wrap up my presents too." He laughed.

I smiled, " what did you get her? "

"Just some lotions and some of those bath bomb things she likes. I got her about three new phone cases too." He seemed proud of his gifts, and I couldn't blame him, he did a great job picking out her gifts.

"Sounds like she'll love them. Good job Nate."

With that he asked if I got around to picking up her birthday present and I confirmed I did by getting them out and showing them to him.

"Dang son, these are so cool. She will love these. Awww and you even got "Meegan" engraved on the inside of the rings. "

"Yep. I'm going to give them to her at dinner. I'm so nervous. "

"Don't be. She's going to love them." He smiled and high fives me.

" thanks Dad. " I said sighing excitedly.

"Any time, love ya kiddo, alright I'm gonna go wrap these."

" Kk. "

I went and put up the stuff I got t o make breakfast with and went to my room and thought about tomorrow.

5:51p.m.

I felt the bed dip and I felt someone nuzzle into my chest. I opened my eyes and there she was. My beautiful girl. She looked tired but I still asked her how her day was and if she wanted some ice cream.

"My day was very tiring, and I made a lot of sales. Some of our regular customers wished me a happy early birthday. And Mi-Li came in and let me go home two hours early as half of her present." She continued on about how her day went and agreed to ice cream .

We walked down to the kitchen and she said hey to Nate and they chatted while I made us both a banana split. I always tried to remember to put more chocolate syrup on hers than banana, just the way she likes it. I made a little chocolate heart on hers and a smiley face on mine.