Epilogue

We wait outside a day or a few later, watching the skies eagerly. Our dragons come back today and everyone's too excited to sit still.

"There!" Gobber calls.

Everyone cheers as the massive swarm of dragons comes into view. The majestic reptiles land on the ground and everyone cheers again as the baby dragons start climbing off of their parents' backs.

"Oh, they're all so cute," I murmur, my heart melting at the sight of the role-poly babies.

Hiccup doesn't answer, only searches the skies. I tilt my head up too. Toothless and Nightstar aren't back yet. I almost worry.

Almost.

"There they are!" he exclaims suddenly, pointing.

Two black specks can be seen in the sky. Hiccup's face lights up. Within a few minutes, our beloved Night Furies touch down and we run towards them. I gasp when I see what's on their backs.

Two babies; a male and a female. The little boy has golden yellow eyes while the girl has dark green. A small diamond birthmark can be seen on her forehead. They climb onto the ground and Nightstar nudges them towards us.

"Aww..." I coo as the little boy dragon waddles towards me.

He snuggles in my arms and I can't help but smile. Beside me, Hiccup cradles the little girl. We look at each other, our eyes filled to the brim with love for the little dragons.

"I'm so proud of you two," I say, kissing the noses of the two older Night Furies.

"Same here," Hiccup agrees, a smile making his face bright.

The two babies squirm in our arms and we place them down, laughing as they start to wrestle. Nightstar and Toothless nuzzle one another, seeming to purr at each other.

"I never thought this would happen," Hiccup whispers.

"What?" I ask.

"The day when Toothless would get his dragon family," he answers. "And it's all because I found you."

I look at the four dragons as I smile. "I'm glad I stayed."

"I'm glad you stayed too." He smiles and squeezes my hand for a moment. "What should we name them?"

"The boy should be...Dark Moon," I decide.

"I like it," he says. "The girl should be...Emerald. Like her eyes...and the birthmark."

"Perfect!"

He perks up as he scrambles to his feet. "Oh! Your present is here now!"

He runs off into the crowd. I grab both a red and a green bow, tying them around the babies' necks. I hear Hiccup returning and I turn to him. In his arms, he holds a baby Terrible Terror. He sleeps soundly, curled up in an adorable ball. I cover my mouth with my hand.

"Happy First Snoggletogg in almost forever, Thora," he jokes, holding the sleeping bundle out to me.

"He's adorable! Where-"

"Gothi has a lot of Terrors. I asked her to save one of the new babies for you."

"I love him...really," I say. I notice that he's wearing a small collar with a blank metal tag.

"I'm gonna engrave his name in it for you, once he has a name," Hiccup offers.

I look down at the tiny dragon and smile. "Thunder Song. Thunder for short."

Hiccup smiles as the baby wakes up, yawning before looking up at me. I place him on the ground next to Dark Moon and Emerald. They immediately start to play.

I look up at Hiccup, taking a long breath. "So...what now?"

He shrugs. "With Berk, you never know."

I look out over the sea with him, then at our four Night Furies and my little Terror. Somehow, my completely unextraordinary life has become something that I can be proud of.

End of Book One