「S e r e n i t y」☀︎

se•ren•i•ty  nounThe state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled

  se•ren•i•ty
  noun
The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled.

The exact opposite definition of Tom Riddle.

___________________________

'5972 Hogwarts Express at platform 9 3/4' I pondered '9 3/4??? There was no such thing!' I clung to my older sisters arm

'5972 Hogwarts Express at platform 9 3/4' I pondered '9 3/4??? There was no such thing!' I clung to my older sisters arm. I looked up to her with my big beady brown eyes. "Arabella I'm scared!" I said with a whine. "You'll be ok, just think! you'll make lots of friends!" She reassured. I took her words as if it was the Bible, so I attempted to calm down and focus on heading to this train. Suddenly we've come to a halt. "We're here!" My sister chimed. We were in front of a brick wall in between 10 and 9. "What do you mean? There's no train!" I exclaim with panic. "Watch this!" Arabella states before getting trolley and running straight toward the wall. I physically cringed scared of what would happen once she got to the wall. But once she reached it instead of hitting it she was absorbed into the wall. "Woah" I stood in amazement. I felt a large hand touch my shoulder, I looked up. My dad looked down on me with a warm smile. I gave him a big grin knowing what he meant. Then I rushed into the wall. I could feel the burns in my calves from walking, but I didn't care. I shut my eyes tight and ran straight through the brick wall, then I looked up. Then low and behold I saw the magnificent train.

After saying my goodbyes to my muggle father and witch mother. I started to look for a booth. Of course, I couldn't sit with my own sister cause she was in 2nd year, by knowing that made me slightly panic. 'Curse my name!' The smell of leather and chocolate filled my nose as a walked to find a booth. Unfortunately, each one I passed by was full. I groaned, having to walk to the last booth just to sit down. 'I am not standing up! My legs are killing me!' I declared and if it was I would ask to sit with them. I closed my eyes sucking in some air through my nostrils. 'I can do this!'

Only a boy sat there, staring off in the window.'I wonder what is going through his mind.' He had his brown hair brushed to the side. He stood up straight and had a neat black coat covering him. I couldn't quite see his face. "Uh...hello," I said it so soft it was almost a whisper. The words hung delicately in the air, for what seemed like forever he turned toward me. "Hello." I was surprised he had even heard me. "May I sit here?" I wondered if he could sense that I was nervous. 'Remember to stay calm, breath.' We made eye contact, I had managed to slow my heart rate and throw a smile at him. He shrugged "I don't care." A bit shocked I walked into the booth and sat down on the left side of it. The awkward silence was killing me! 'I have to say something.' "Wanna be friends?"

'           "Wanna be friends?"

{Present Day}

It was the same routine as the last. Go through the wall, put your luggage up, find a seat, go to Hogwarts. 'But why was this time so hard!' It was my fifth year at Hogwarts, but something was bugging me like something bad was about to happen. As I walked through the wall to enter the platform I could feel my stomach tangle up in a knot. My mom shoots me a nervous glance. Her eyebrows narrowed out of worry. Her light brown eyes darkened with concern. Her curls outlined her face, and her mouth frowned. "Just some butterflies," I said with a light smile, of course, I was lying. It was like a swarm in there! I felt like throwing up! 'Just breathe.' The thought rang in my head. I took deep heavy breaths. My sister was already aboard the train. 'She didn't even wait for me.' An invisible tear slid down my face. "Alright, Serenity! Ready to swallow those butterflies and hop on that train!" My dad said rather loudly, I turned to face my dad. He chuckled "Serenity? More like not!" He started to laugh his arse off at the joke. Mom shot him a look of 'don't even'. But that didn't stop him. I sighed out of frustration, "Well bye mom" I said giving her a quick hug. She looked at me with pride that I was following in her footsteps. She cupped her hands around my face. "Have fun sweetie." I looked at my dad. "Bye dad" I embraced him. He hugged back, wrapping his big bear like arms around me, "Bye sweetie." He let me go, the warmth left as quickly as it came. I turned around and boarded the train. I turned back around, now facing them on the train. They were now next to each other, holding hands. I waved and gave them a big grin. They waved back, my dad more enthusiastically than my mom.

I walked onto the train, I heard a Choo Choo! Signaling that it was time for the train to take off. I wandered around looking for a place to sit. But to my dismay I found my self-having to go to the very back, cause all of the booths were full. 'What a great way to start the year.' I thought sarcastically. The only booth left was the very last. I felt a wave of calmness wash over me when I found only one person sitting there. 'Finally living up to my name.' I gave a slight chuckle at my joke. That immediately alerting the boy. His head jerked up from the book he was reading. "Oh..uh...sorry I didn't mean to interrupt!" He made eye contact with me, he opened his lips. "It's fine." His voice was like a smooth dark chocolate. He had brown slick wavy hair, a chiseled jawline that looks like it can cut you. He stood up straight and was wearing a black shirt with the collar out and black pants. "Hey, I remember you!" I said rather loudly, it suddenly clicked! Like the lighting to the kite! He looked at me with a rather annoyed expression. "You know! From the first year! On the train, we sat together! I asked if we could be friends!" I could feel my face light up, I couldn't contain my smile. Remembering the first year was like a blast from the past! But my happiness quickly faded when I saw his annoyed expression and judging eyes. I felt like all my confidence was sucked out of me basically I felt deflated. He was giving off bad vibes. "I remember, but I didn't care enough to remember your name." Ouch, he's not one to talk too. "Oh... Well I am Serenity Thornwell" I said proudly. He gave a quite me a confused glance. "yeah I know my name doesn't match me. My parents..." I leaned in, "they expected a Ravenclaw." I said in a hushed voice. His expression didn't change. But He nodded anyways. "You're Tom Riddle, right?" I asked. He seemed to wince slightly at the name. "Yes, I am." I could feel a smile forming on my face. "Cool..I guess we're friends now!" He looked up bewildered. "Friends?" He questioned. "Yeah, friends" I stated with a smile. He looks into my eyes. I can feel him trying to search for something. "The eyes are the window into the soul." He said, rather randomly. I looked into his deep serene blue eyes. They looked dull and had no light to them. I felt a little bad but shook it off. "Well if they're the window, then you can jump right in!" I blurted out while grinning. 'wait what.' He gave both confused with annoyance look. I could barely stifle a laugh. "I'm sorry," I said between laughs.

After that fit of laughing, I finally sat down and took out a book to read. I could feel the train move below me. I looked up at Tom. His eyes focusing on his book. I smiled at him but he paid no attention. I was untroubled and I found myself slowly drifting to sleep. I let it take over, and feel in to..deep...sleep....

__________________________

AN: sorry if we have misspelling or if any of our punctuation is wrong! We'll edit that later
Anyway thanks for reading the first chapter! More to come! :)
Working on chapter 2!